Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

hard working ball playing midfielders? who would have believed it this time last year.

when players like this are in the team, players like ireland or nzog will have a chance to shine as they wont have to worry as much about being an 8th defender and they can concentrate on their game

welcome K E A

if i remember correctly, if mcleish was here, we were set too sign leon best, who today is having a medical at relegated blackburn. danny guthrie who has signed for a promoted club, and karl henry the thug who cant play footy.

if i remember correctly, if mcleish was here, we were set too sign leon best, who today is having a medical at relegated blackburn. danny guthrie who has signed for a promoted club, and karl henry the thug who cant play footy.

if i remember correctly are you still saying we have 8 mill, well after today 5 million left to spend?

More quick business to follow I suspect

I hope so.

Which is miles better than the good old days with MON when it was the last 24 hours of the transfer window.

....and we had paid twice as much for a British player that he would fall out with before the season ended.

It's a bit of a novelty to be signing someone we really don't know much about so welcome Karim.

Having seen a few Dutch opinions I'm not totally sure he's going to be a raving success but it seems he has talent so hopefully he can make that tell at a higher, more physical level.

Hmmm let's see, CM who likes to pass the ball and dictate

games. 27 years old and singed to a 3 year contract instead of 5.

Good business in my book and a huge step in the right direction both on and off the field.

Feyenoord, so what can we expect from this player?

Well, what I said in my opening post.

''His main qualities are winning balls in midfield and pressurising opponents. He plays with real passion and is extremely fit and quick. Technically he is quite weird to understand. He has fantastic skill in creating space for himself with the ball but he definitely needs to be banned from shooting at goal at all costs!!''

I think he will be a really good PL player and a guaranteed starter for Villa. The fee is still unconfirmed but it seems to be around 3,5 million Euro's.

when players like this are in the team, players like ireland or nzog will have a chance to shine as they wont have to worry as much about being an 8th defender and they can concentrate on their game

This is the key for me. I don't know anything about El Ahmadi's qualities, but I like the thought behind going for a player with the mentioned attributes.

Good luck and welcome to the club, Karim.

Â