Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I'd rather he missed the crossbar TBH (below, rather than above, obviously).

Smashing it In off the underside of the crossbar would be fine, but I can't think of a way of specifying that in the chant without it losing a bit of its snappiness.

Karim Al Ahmadi; IN-OFF-THE Crossbar, IN-OFF-THE Crossbar

?

Smashing it In off the underside of the crossbar would be fine, but I can't think of a way of specifying that in the chant without it losing a bit of its snappiness.

Karim Al Ahmadi; Do a Yeboah, Do a Yeboah

?

Welcome to the mighty Villa Karim.

Looking forward to seeing him play, it's also nice that he seemed to really want to sign for us and was pushing pretty hard to get here. Like that me, makes me like the bloke already.

Karim Al Ahmadi; IN-OFF-THE Crossbar, IN-OFF-THE Crossbar

?

I like that one best, but he's not really the scoring type, he's a demolisher in the middle. It'd be better if we can incorporate that into his song!

Why not just stick with "Rock the Casbah"? His North African origins make it appropriate enough.

because rock the casbah has **** all to do with football? :lol:

Well, the song is something about people in the Muslim/Arab world defying repressive religious authorities to sing and dance in the streets.

For Villa, that could be seen as an allegory for breaking free of McLeish's defensive fundamentalism to jive around the previously forbidden territory of the opposition half of the field.

The Casbah is a metaphor for Villa Park, which hopefully will be rocking again.

Just an idea...

Why not just stick with "Rock the Casbah"? His North African origins make it appropriate enough.

Well, the song is something about people in the Muslim/Arab world defying repressive religious authorities to sing and dance in the streets.

For Villa, that could be seen as an allegory for breaking free of McLeish's defensive fundamentalism to jive around the previously forbidden territory of the opposition half of the field.

Just an idea...

That is just way too deep, it's a football chant for crying out loud :lol:

Just an idea...

Jesus wept he was a bad manager not an evil dictator. Get a grip

I think "rock the casbah" would be wholly appropriate. I think that NormandyVillan was playing about although I think he underlined that there is no reason to change the original lyrics. "rock the crossbar" is laughable.

Just my thoughts.

Just an idea...

Jesus wept he was a bad manager not an evil dictator. Get a grip

But I’ve spent hundreds of hours studying the UN Declaration of Human Rights and international case law, specifically in the field of “intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress”, and I believe there are firm grounds for bringing charges not just of “Crimes against Football” but also of “Crimes against Humanity” against Villa’s most recent former manager. It would be a crying shame if all that hard work went to waste. In fact I absolutely live for the day when the news finally breaks that “a 53-year-old Dorridge man has been arrested on charges...”

Disclaimer: No, I haven’t actually done that. I’m just kidding.

8)

Just an idea...

i get all that

:lol:

but rock the crossbar , the original idea i think is great, no need for it to be changed.

it has the player in the chant and it includes a football theme, all sang to a tune which frequented the popular hit parade on at least 2 occassions and is familiar to most people over a certain age.

Â