Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

TBF .. Last season he was all over lack of confidence .. 

+ When he had his chance with us .. And when we needed him  .. He was with his national team .. remember at that time Westwood was injured .. And some suspend for Delph + no Sylla .. 

When he came back .. Delph and Westwood cemented their places .. And after that Sylla ..

He missed Bradford games .. Which he could have shined in .. Especially where Westwood couldn't play there even he wasn't injured ..

I'd say many things went against this guy ..

But another question is .. Who will he play instead of ?

I'd say sometimes Delph .. Sometimes Sylla .. Sometimes bench .. Depends on the opposition or our need .. 

Bacuna also is someone to look of ..

Those two are more likely to score than the starting trio .. Although you'd have much confidence with the trio than those ..

Anyway good to have more options ..

• Like 1

Hope he plays better this season, I have not given up on him just yet. Haven`t seen the highlights from last season but it was the same story last year. If he can deliver like that, or like the manu match then he should be a starter. But he has some ways to go yet, crewe and arsenal is a whole different type of thing

I agree, he had a bit of a stop start season due to injuries, a bit of a drop in form and then the ANC so I'm not as quick to write him off as some on here. Some players just need that 1st year to get up to speed with the league before they really get going, he clearly has something about him so I'm looking forward to see what he can do this season

Edited by Biskitt

Bump

Thought he was very good again last night.

For me Sylla would just shade it for the opener against Arsenal for his more combative qualities but in general I think these two will be battling hard for that third spot in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

Bump

For me Sylla would just shade it for the opener against Arsenal for his more combative qualities but in general I think these two will be battling hard for that third spot in the middle of the park.

Where is this third spot?

Dont we play 4-2-3-1 ???

Bump

Where is this third spot?

Dont we play 4-2-3-1 ???

In a number of games towards the end of last year we played 2 box to box midfielders (Delph and Sylla) and Westwood so more 4-3-3

Lambert has played that formation in a lot of games in pre season too so in my view we will be switching between that and a 4-2-3-1 against teams who sit back against us.

Bump

competition :D  a word rarely heard around Villa squads and is breath of fresh air as well

• 3 weeks later...

Played like a prem midfielder today, and looked great with delph, they compliment each other well when he's on this form.

If he can string a few games together and improve from here he could yet turn into a great signing.

MOTM today for me. His willingness to get stuck in and put in some very good tackles is what impressed (and suprised) me most. 

Edited by Isa

Â