Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ashley young has had an awfull tournament..

and i still think its a joke that people talk about Rooney as if he is one of the best players in the world, doesnt even make it into the top 10 for me.

I think Hodgson has done well, and the future looks a little more bright. I think he cocked up with taking Milner off for Walcott rather than Ash Young.

Should have played football instead of playing for pens for 90 minutes of 120.

I can already hear the 'we've done ever so well to get this far' lines. It'll go down as another glorious defeat, but in all honesty this was very shit. First opponent of any real mettle and we get sent home after a total bollarkz performance.

Absolutely spot on. Should have took the opportunity and just gone in guns blazing.

At least this will hopefully be the last we see of the dinosaurs of the current generation

Pirlo was bloody fantastic, we really needed someone man marking him for this game. I would have been tempted to put Theo out wide with Milner staying close to Pirlo all game but no manager in he world would have the balls to drop rooney.

Biggest mistake was prob having Rooney - he was poor again and unfortunately for England his easy goal against Ukraine glossed up his rather shite performance

True, I was all for not taking him at all, but there you go. Also he an Ash were the two most under performing on the pitch and should have both been given the hook. That said, this England team has reached its level at this tournament and got as far as we can expect. Not that disappointed, not that pleased, just glad that I don't feel badly let down.

There is heart in this team and not enough quality. Sums up the nation at the moment really

Thats it now for the old players in our squad imo

Gerrard has been exceptional this tournament but i think its time to freshen things up build a young side like germany have and build it for years to come

The likes of Walker, Cahill, Jones, Carroll, Rooney, Henderson, Wellbeck start to build a young side and move the old guard out like Cole Terry e.t.c

Germany have done it im sure we have young talent in this country that we can start a new side from

We've got to look at the next "young blood" now. Roy was half-way there (at least in the early stages) but that was undone with the inclusion of Rooney even though we could all see that he wasn't quite right and unbalanced the team.

Please build on this, Roy. You've had a fair tournament but we need to push on into the qualifiers with a new team, a team that can grow. Not a team built on reputation alone.

Â