General Chat (mobiles, tablets, etc.)

leviramsey

Microsoft?  Facebook?  Something else? 

The phone has been getting a bit of press in recent days.  It's not really aimed at us is it?  It's more for developing economies, kids, your gran who still doesn't get the internet but is kinda curious about it or something to take if you need a phone if you are going camping or to a music festival or something.  I suspect they will sell a ton of them in places like India, Pakistan and Nigeria. 

The overlord of shitness in the top left hand corner which dooms anything to failure before it's even started.

Don't know why they even bother anymore. Tryhard wannabes who are completely irrelevant to anything they haven't already forced their way into years ago.

Microsoft?  Facebook?  Something else? 

The phone has been getting a bit of press in recent days.  It's not really aimed at us is it?  It's more for developing economies, kids, your gran who still doesn't get the internet but is kinda curious about it or something to take if you need a phone if you are going camping or to a music festival or something.  I suspect they will sell a ton of them in places like India, Pakistan and Nigeria. 

The new work mobile phone of choice for Local Authority staff everywhere. (well those on the frontline who don't need a BlackBerry) 

• Like 1

It's for developing economies, the UK, western Europe and North America are almost certainly secondary targets of Microsoft here.  I'm pretty sure it's no coincidence why the weather app was showing the forecast for Mumbai in the video... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the android thread on my phone.

Anyway, I've got a Samsung S4 mini. Whenever I download an image off of chrome onto my phone it doesn't appear in my gallery until after I've restarted my phone.

What's the deal there, then?

Assuming you are using Tapatalk, select the Tech Room. Tap on "Tech room" in the top left. Tap "stickies".

Using the mobile skin, it's right there at the top of the forum.

Anyway, I've got a Samsung S4 mini. Whenever I download an image off of chrome onto my phone it doesn't appear in my gallery until after I've restarted my phone.

There's an app called gallery refresh, try that.

Worked. Thankyou very much.

[emoji106]

Worked. Thankyou very much.

[emoji106]

Boom! Lovely.

After two years of regret, I'm finally able to sack off my BB Z10. The only trouble is I've no idea what to replace it with. Ordinarily I suspect I'd go with a different fruit-based device but I've got one of those from work so I'm completely stumped as to what to have next. 

(and I know the obvious advice will be to go off-contract so presume I already know that  ;) )

Perhaps you could describe how you'll use this future device and what features you need?

I'm a simple man with simple needs. Mostly I guess I'll be using it to talk to other people. Occasionally texting them and even less occasionally emailing them.

I use my works fruit-based phone for anything that requires data but I'd still like to have the coolest new phone on the market. You know - the one where everybody sees it and goes "wow you've got the new autobot 4,000" and gives you admiring looks.

Â