General Chat (mobiles, tablets, etc.)

leviramsey

Pretty sure the Note 3 is my next phone. I was tempted to wait for the Nexus 5, but it's likely to again have no replaceable battery, no SD card slot, and very little local storage to coerce users to keep things on the cloud.

The Note 3 will do me.

Pretty sure the Note 3 is my next phone. I was tempted to wait for the Nexus 5, but it's likely to again have no replaceable battery, no SD card slot, and very little local storage to coerce users to keep things on the cloud.

The Note 3 will do me.

That might stop me getting the Nexus 5, unless it has at least 32gb, because I really love my N4... Just need more music on it!

I would be surprised if the Nexus 5 came out with an 8gb version and would be very surprised if there was anything higher than 16gb really.

With 4G we are superposed to stream it all from the cloud.

What about those who don't want our personal data all over the internet? 

I would be surprised if the Nexus 5 came out with an 8gb version and would be very surprised if there was anything higher than 16gb really.

No 4G on the Isle of Wight for at least another 18 months, not on o2 here for another 2 years. 3G is very limited too.

No 4G on the Isle of Wight for at least another 18 months, not on o2 here for another 2 years. 3G is very limited too.

You don't need to go to the IoW for shit 3G. I'm in Nottingham at the moment and there's huge network blackholes (tried on O2 and Orange) within a mile or two of the city centre. Not exactly the middle of nowhere..

I wonder if the tossers who push this 'stream everything from the cloud' bullshit have ever strayed outside of silicone valley.

Edit: I mean Google execs and the like, not Mykeyb. :P

Edited by Davkaus

You don't need to go to the IoW for shit 3G. I'm in Nottingham at the moment and there's huge network blackholes (tried on O2 and Orange) within a mile or two of the city centre. Not exactly the middle of nowhere..

I wonder if the tossers who push this 'stream everything from the cloud' bullshit have ever strayed outside of silicone valley.

Have you tried T-Mobile? I've been with them for years and am always impressed by the amount of good data I get. It always seems that if I don't get it, no one does. And if someone else gets it, I get it more.

Have you tried T-Mobile? I've been with them for years and am always impressed by the amount of good data I get. It always seems that if I don't get it, no one does. And if someone else gets it, I get it more.

It should be the same as Orange - All 'EE' now isn't it?

Yeah that's what i thought. Definitely isn't though. I think you can be either one of the 3, and I'm not sure of the rules of selection about who can use what, but I've definitely had different connectivity to others who were on orange in the same place.

Â