General Chat (mobiles, tablets, etc.)

leviramsey

Also I imagine the majority of his loan will go on the first accommodation instalment, rather than a mobile phone

Wouldn't that mean he has to find £24 per month every month for 24 months rather than pay up front and just £13 per month which he could cancel at any time if he got into difficulties?

• 5 months later...

Iphones do have bloody great cameras, the difference is night and day there but comparing a new best in town phone camera to that of a 2 year old phone I'd expect the iPhone to come out on top.

The camera and the form factor are the only things I like though.

Would be interested in a comparison with the slightly newer nexus 5.

I do wish Google would just put the price of a Nexus up $50 and put some kick-ass optics in there.

OIS made the Nexus 5 an amazing camera for certain situations but it's pretty limited in others. Apple always put decent cameras in their phones.

Perhaps the public will show how much they want a camera+smartphone with Ara.

I use mine all the time because: Young children. A good camera is a high priority.

I suppose if they try to market ara in the UK (not available in your country), The "people with young kids" is an interesting demographic. A built-in group of people to share modules, or more likely, to have old modules handed down to.

I fully expect a variety of camera modules with cost proportional to quality. I suspect you'll even be able to get ones which will take an external lens.

• Like 1

I do wish Google would just put the price of a Nexus up $50 and put some kick-ass optics in there.

OIS made the Nexus 5 an amazing camera for certain situations but it's pretty limited in others. Apple always put decent cameras in their phones.

Perhaps the public will show how much they want a camera+smartphone with Ara.

I think it's more the software than the hardware, maybe the Lollipop API will move things along but even that is taking it's time. I was hoping that the Hyperlapse app not coming to Android because of poor camera API would shame Google into moving more quickly. Hopefully in six months we will see a marked improvement in what Android allows cameras to do.

Anyway, more self indulgence. Not sure how many more of these I'll do but Nexus 4 and iPhone 6 plus. (Nexus 4 first)

xHZdJg0.jpgFzyL28I.jpg

yT7pSQf.jpgacvguRl.jpg

ww9QcXl.jpgUm5GUv3.jpg

Edited by The_Rev

9HAopsx.jpgnVQIW4v.jpg

vY1uzNp.jpgHuAVLHN.jpg

g34pE1N.jpgQ685Dzw.jpg

I'm very pleased with how well the Nexus performs in normal lighting, there is clearly more noise in the shots but it's difficult to see after the resizing of the image the forum does automatically and lets face it, that is kinda the size most people will view photographs at (I'm posting this from a 1920 x 1080 monitor). The low light stuff is a clear win for the iPhone but I'd be interested to see the Nexus 6 vs the iPhone 6 plus, they both have optical image stablisation so they can leave the shutter open that bit longer in the dark.

• Like 1

Â