General Chat (mobiles, tablets, etc.)

leviramsey

I did like it, but it's wearing a bit thin. A lot of the features that I thought were quite good don't really get much use after the novelty factor wears off - things like split screen and air view. Might be time to play with custom ROMs, but I can't find any that seem to have particularly good s pen support..

Edited by Davkaus

• 2 months later...

Anyone needing a quality case for cheap (ish) should have a look at mediadevil's range. They are on amazon too. Been bumming them on twitter/Instagram.  Very good quality. The leather pouches are fantastic.

/endorsement

• 2 months later...

I see the Galaxy s5 is £379.99 on the ebay daily deals page. Now I'm not really a Samsung fan but it's almost tempting me. I'm guessing, however the general advice would be to either get a Nexus 5, a Moto X or wait to the next generation of phones though. Any thoughts?

I'm waiting on the end of year phones.   I'd be tempted by the S5 if it wasn't for Touchwiz.  I don't want S Pen, S Health, S Note, S Hit, and whatever other things they force on people because somebody in a boardroom somewhere decided it would be good for brand recognition. 

• Like 2

Tablet app needs updating still has PL Chelsea H & Norwich on mine which was from March. Been no updates since

Are you talking about the VillaTalk app? If so un-install and re-install and head over to the "Site issues" forum :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The last phone I bought was in 2006, so I'm a total phone noob. Seeing as I'm going to university I think it's time I got a new fancy one. I'll probably go for an iPhone 5c because I like Apple products. I'm not married to the idea of having a iPhone though, I just have no idea what's considered good or bad at the moment so that's what I've been looking at.

I'm not sure how much data to go with for a plan though, hopefully some of you guys could give me a rough estimate based on how much you use? I can't imagine I'll be using it much for watching videos and downloading music, I'll probably be using it to browse the internet a couple times a day, as well as using apps and messaging (kik, whatsapp, etc etc), that kinda stuff. Would 2gb be enough?

Edited by Phumfeinz

The last phone I bought was in 2006, so I'm a total phone noob. Seeing as I'm going to university I think it's time I got a new fancy one. I'll probably go for an iPhone 5c because I like Apple products. I'm not married to the idea of having a iPhone though, I just have no idea what's considered good or bad at the moment so that's what I've been looking at.

I'm not sure how much data to go with for a plan though, hopefully some of you guys could give me a rough estimate based on how much you use? I can't imagine I'll be using it much for watching videos and downloading music, I'll probably be using it to browse the internet a couple times a day, as well as using apps and messaging (kik, whatsapp, etc etc), that kinda stuff. Would 2gb be enough?

I've just picked up a iPhone 5c. £23.99 a month, unlimited mins and texts with 2GB data. Follow the link below and you get a free handset instead of having to pay £130 for it. 

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/s-back-again-iphone-5c-16gb-various-colours-free-phone-with-unlimited-mins-unlimited-1909715#comments

I've just picked up a iPhone 5c. £23.99 a month, unlimited mins and texts with 2GB data. Follow the link below and you get a free handset instead of having to pay £130 for it. 

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/s-back-again-iphone-5c-16gb-various-colours-free-phone-with-unlimited-mins-unlimited-1909715#comments

That's a fantastic deal. I won't pass the credit check right now though :(

Gotta wait till my student loans start coming in. Hopefully there will be a similar deal around October time.

Edited by Phumfeinz

Without using a deal site, virgin essential SIM at 13 per month with unlimited data, insurance on the EE network with no minimum term (you can route most of your voice and "texts" over data if you wish). That's £11 quid per month to pay for the handset. Pays back a £130 handset inside 12 months. Yours is a 24 month contract for a budget phone locked in for two years.

As a student I'd rather have that money in my pocket to pay for beer.

That's a fantastic deal. I won't pass the credit check right now though :(

Gotta wait till my student loans start coming in. Hopefully there will be a similar deal around October time.

May as well try if you can afford the monthly payment. 

Without using a deal site, virgin essential SIM at 13 per month with unlimited data, insurance on the EE network with no minimum term (you can route most of your voice and "texts" over data if you wish). That's £11 quid per month to pay for the handset. Pays back a £130 handset inside 12 months. Yours is a 24 month contract for a budget phone locked in for two years.

But then you have to pay for the entire handset up front? I'd rather it be spread out to be honest.

Edited by Milfner

But then you have to pay for the entire handset up front? I'd rather it be spread out to be honest.

Are you a student? When the OP gets his loan he'll be in a position to do this..

Â