Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

I think Dunne and Warnock are on their way out out of the 4 IMO. No bad thing in any way shape or form. Really looking forward to the summer dealings and the start of the season already :P

IMO Collins will be shown the door before Dunne, considering his two misdameanours with the drink, two seasons in a row.

Dunne, fair play to him got himself (with the assistance of the club's physios) match fit for the final couple of games and played well.

i'm guessing Collins is more of the 'trouble maker' than Dunne.

I think Dunne and Warnock are on their way out out of the 4 IMO. No bad thing in any way shape or form. Really looking forward to the summer dealings and the start of the season already :P

IMO Collins will be shown the door before Dunne, considering his two misdameanours with the drink, two seasons in a row.

Dunne, fair play to him got himself (with the assistance of the club's physios) match fit for the final couple of games and played well.

i'm guessing Collins is more of the 'trouble maker' than Dunne.

TBH I prefer Dunne to Collins and rather get rid of Collins before him. Not sure who will go first, as long as PL replaces the departing man with a better centre half I'll be happy, and I have faith that he will be able to. Can Holt play centre half? :lol: Hopefully square pegs into round holes are behind us and the days of Hutton and Warnock in midfield are but a distant memory.

Holt is a tricky one, clearly has goals in him and I think he would compliment Bent well. He is by no means a huge signing but at the right price would be very effective.

£3-4 million and 30-35k wages YES

£5 million+ and anything near 40k+ wages NO

Having said that, would Norwich let him go for £4m, I have my doubts

IIRC Spudzzz battered us (even with 10 men) and barring the pen Dunne was excellent that game and helped us get something from the game.

As for Norwich - it was a no-lose game, the players knew AMc was going and were looking to their holidays. Who played well that game? No one is the easy answer.

I stand by my thoughts that Collins should go before Dunne.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07062012/63/lambert-thinking-holt-bid.html

New Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has already identified several new faces he would like to bring to Villa Park, but is adamant that Norwich striker Grant Holt is not one of them.

Striker Holt was an integral part of Lambert's hugely successful three-year spell at Carrow Road, but the 31-year-old has been left disappointed by the club's refusal to offer him a new three-year contract and had a transfer request turned down last month.

But, while Lambert was fulsome in his praise for the centre-forward, he insisted he has not thought about signing Holt, and said: "I haven't even thought about that at all. Grant Holt was brilliant for me. In the three years I was there (at Norwich) he was a huge part of what happened at the club. He is a terrific guy and I have a lot of time for him."

He went on: "He was brilliant for me as a footballer and a captain but things move on and I need to know about Aston Villa Football Club before I do anything else.

"I will look at things here first and foremost. We will try to bring some guys in but I swear to God I haven't thought about that.

"I am really excited to be here but I haven't thought about anything like that.

Doesn't totally rule out a bid for Holt, but from what he says here it seems unlikely

Doesn't exactly rule out signing Holt from that interview. He just says he hasn''t considered it yet and that he wants to see what we've currently got (I'm guessing he's thinking about Delf and Andi there)...

I think this is the right approach which is why I'm thinking there probably won't be much movement in the transfer market for a few weeks... Certainly not in the striking department...

I think all the players should be given a chance to prove themselves under a manager for a change.Lets face it would you give it 100% if you were a player under McGutless ? We all got right pissed off with him and all we had to do was watch the crap he dished up we did not have to actually play that crap football.

So, give them a chance under a real manager I say.

I think all the players should be given a chance to prove themselves under a manager for a change.Lets face it would you give it 100% if you were a player under McGutless ? We all got right pissed off with him and all we had to do was watch the crap he dished up we did not have to actually play that crap football.

So, give them a chance under a real manager I say.

We can't afford to give certain players yet another chance.

I think all the players should be given a chance to prove themselves under a manager for a change

Not for me.

The majority of the defence have pissed around for 2 seasons in a row. They deserve no more chances to piss another manager around

**** em off.

I feel lambert will be driven by who the bids come in for. I am sure he wouldn't want to loose both Dunne and Collins - yet if good offers came in for both he would sell. Same goes for most of the squad, Perhaps with the exception of Bent.

• 4 weeks later...