Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

Has Guzan left the building ?

Paul Robinson is a good shout, top keeper, top pro

He's dreadful. Up there with some of the worst keepers I've seen in the prem over the past 5-10 years; the Paddy Kennys, Brian Jensens and Roy Carrolls.

Hyperbole is fun.

Indeed, not a case of it here though. Never seen a keeper with such an uncanny knack of conceding goals barely 2 feet away from him and just standing watching them go in.

Terrible keeper.

The only reason I'd even entertain the idea of selling is because Given has had a lot of injuries, and I can't see it getting better at 35. It depends on the offer, everyone has a value, but I'd be inclined to keep him.

Robinson had the worst save to shot ratio of any keeper this season, by a distance. Average was 69%. His was 56% (IIRC)

That means nearly 1 in 2 shots on target went in against Robinson.

He was never very good. He is a classic example of one of those keepers who deceives everyone into thinking he's decent. He makes simple save look spectacular. Where a normal keeper might stand and catcha ball, he'll tip it over the bar, flicking his legs back and doing 11 rolls when he hits the ground.

He was only ever "decent", and he's not as good as he used to be by some distance.

I really do not see the point in getting rid of Given. He's not going to get much worse for a few years, and he's pretty solid as it is IMO. Unless it's silly money offered for him, may aswell keep him. I think he's good for the dressing room too. We don't have too many experienced players, and he seems a sensible one.

but I think his unwillingness to come off of his line is one of the reasons why we conceded so many goals from corners this year.

I think that was more to do with our defenders constantly losing headers/failing to get the ball away.

Friedel never used to come for crosses either and we'd rarely concede from set pieces.

Actually he has, & he's injured again now as we speak

He will miss the next 3 days training with ROI

Knee problems back again

He really hasn't. Not that have kept him out for significant periods of time anyway. If I could be arsed to look up his appearance stats AGAIN I would. But I can't.

I'd hardly worry about an injury that keeps you out for 3 days. That could be anythign from a twisted ankle to a bruised finger.

I don't recall him ever having knee problems in the past. happy to be proved wrong.