Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

If we are going to lose Shay, Foster wouldnt be an awful replacement but I certainly wouldnt think it would be an improvement.

Guillermo Ochoa would be a good choice, only been at Ajjacio a year..but it's Ajjacio surely we can lure a player from there? lol. Very good keeper imo.

If we are going to lose Shay, Foster wouldnt be an awful replacement but I certainly wouldnt think it would be an improvement.

Guillermo Ochoa would be a good choice, only been at Ajjacio a year..but it's Ajjacio surely we can lure a player from there? lol. Very good keeper imo.

He comes from abroad so I think we can probably count him out. :(:P

I'd be happy either way whether he stays or goes. Last season he made some fantastic saves that earned us draws and got us some valuable points. Without him we would have been relegated.

However, his age concerns me a little. I'd be happy for him to leave but only if we got in a good keeper. I don't mind Foster, I'd be happy enough if we got him.

Given made some absolutely vital saves for us last season. My one problem with him, which to be fair is quite a big problem is the fact that he doesn't command his area anywhere near enough as he should, especially with the amount of experience that he's got. He rarely comes to catch or punch crosses or set pieces and this is definitely one of the reasons why we were so poor at defending set pieces.

Giving him a five year contract on 50,000-60,000 a week at the age of 35 was stupid. If he stays then fine but he needs to command his area more. Whether that can be drilled into him at 35 though is another thing! If he does go, which I doubt, then I'd be fairly happy with Foster as his replacement.

Also, on the subject of Given, I still can't believe that he didn't get player of the season!

Guzan would be on lower wages and deserves it.
What has Guzan done to deserve lower wages? :confused:

Haha jeez I messed up typing that one. I meant Guzan would be on lower wages than Given and he deserves the starting spot! :lol::lol:

Guzan would struggle to get another work permit wouldn't he. Has hardly played for USA in the past few years.

No I think there's a couple of loophole's, firstly he would still be at Villa so wouldn't need one and secondly, if he moves clubs he doesn't require one at the second club but he would if he moved again

But it isn't going to happen

wouldnt suprise me that if qpr up ther bid to like 4-5 million we sell given, then get green on a free. I have an awful feeling about this summers dealings.

another exclusive from talksport ;)

Not that it really matters but Given didn't have the best of times for Ireland last night. He looked old, slow and fat, so did Dunne by the way...

Yes, this summer is the last chance we'll have to recoup any money on him.

As our current defenders are shambolic in the air (and on the ground) we need a more commanding keeper than Given.

He's not good enough to be one of our highest paid players anymore.

As Richard says, for 3 or 4 million he can go

I think the injuries he has had are finally beginning to cathch up with him. He looked very slow off the mark for a couple of the Croatian goals last night. If QPR are willing to pay up, then we should get rid and free up the wages for a younger (more commanding) keeper.