Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

one thing I would say is QPR should forget about Taiwo and should try to sign Warnock instead.. I doubt he will turn down the move and I certainly will be able to celebrate when he leaves.

West Ham another option, their fans desperate for a new LB. Strikes me as the kind of player Big Sam would think he was getting a bargain with.

Is he on a large wage? Yes. And he's the only one who earn't his wage last season.

We would also struggle to find a replacement as good and consistent as him for less/similar money.

Michel Vorm? Or has he put himself out of our league with last seasons performances?

Personally I'd keep Shay Given, he's a great keeper

For me, Ireland and Zog are overrated and temperamental.

McLeish's greatest success was getting Ireland to put some effort in

The guy has been a disgrace

As for NZogbia, he really has been one lazy clearing in the woods since arriving

Can he do it for another manager, maybe ?

I...don't...know...what...to...say...I...agree... :shock:

Given is a funny one.. I like him as a GK and if he stayed I wouldn't mind at all.. infact i'd be happy.

tt

However one thing that does worry me is his long term contract.. if we got the right price I could see us selling.. it's no secret wages are an issue either.

Replacement if we do sell? your guess is as giood as mine.

If we did sell Given which I don't think will happen, I could see us going for Robinson at Blackburn.

I cannot see us selling our most consistent player last season and one whose saves kept us up in my opinion whilst we have no manager in place. I also think that doing so would reduce the managers who would be looking at joining us at a stroke as it would show wage reduction comes before ambition at the club. You get what you pay for (in wages or fee or both) and Shay was a bargain.

Had that been 12 months ago, I'd agree John. But then the names touted were the likes of Ancelotti, Hughes and Benitez. They'd have been far more reluctant to lose our better players to the wage bill down - indeed, they'd have most likely insisted on even MORE players for big fees and big wages. Their reputations were such that they could reasonably demand that too.

I think most of the managers who we've approached this summer are in a different bracket. Plenty of promise, certainly. And -in time- they might be better than the above three. But they aren't yet in a position to demand big budgets and manipulate the powers that be into bloating the wagebill further.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. A manager like OGS might know the Scandinavian market well enough to back himself when it comes to finding replacements for our bigger earners- players the equal of (or better) than our current lot, for a fraction of the cost.

complete and utter nonsense...

shay will be here for as long as he is our confirmed no 1.

am sure mark hughes would love to have him, as would most premier league clubs, as he's a world class keeper, but this is a case of pure speculative journalism.

at the 3.5 million or whatever we paid for him, he must be one of the best value transfers around. both villa and he have the stability of a long term contract. he's playing regular first team football at 36, can't see any reason why he would want to leave that or why we'd want to sell him...

what upgrade could we possibly make at that price?

id sell him to be honest. his wages are very high, he's on a ridiculously long term deal, and even though he's the best shot stopper around, he's diabolical at crosses - and if OGS is our manager, i would assume that opposition teams will target our flanks since we'll be playing through the middle whenever possible. we need a keeper who commands his area

whoever said paul robinson earlier in the thread had a good idea. sure you'd pick him up for half what given is making, and he'd cost very little

So the bottom line is Hughes is interested because he signed him when he was a Man City. Oh and because there is so much uncertainty around Villa. Classic piss poor journalism IMO.

Personally I think there is a lot more certainty around Villa than QPR. We sack our under performing manager the instant the season is over and seemingly are relatively close to appointing a new one. We have a decent squad of players who need managing much more effectively which has been recognised and I strongly suspect money will be available in the summer.

Contrast that with QPR who are not established in the PL, have a giant rebuilding task on their hands as they still have a largely Championship squad of players and are probably no better than fifth in the ranking of London clubs. And will they meet his wage demands?

I bet Shay is packing his bags as we speak.