Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

There were two reasons why we didn't go down last season and they were Shay and Given.

If anyone fails to recognise this they must have watched a different team last year.

With Darren Bent out Goalkeeper was literally the only position in the team in which we had any genuine quality last season, personally I couldn't give a shit about wages, that's for the club to be concerned about, I also couldn't give a shit that he hasn't saved a penalty (Friedel didn't save one in three years) and if you want to talk about set pieces the best way to not concede from them is for the defence to play better.

We will not get a better GK than Given and for that reason alone I believe this story to be complete bollox.

I think Given is a great keeper BUT if we sell him then we have to keep Brad Guzan and put him in the first team. Every time he has taken over he has had a great game. ( well nearly every time )

people are actually advocating we sell given, and give guzan a contract and make him our number one keeper?

seriously?

If we get a decent price for Given then I would go along with that.

Like I said he has not let us down whenever he has had to come in and with regular football he must become better and more consistant ?!

of all the people we have in our squad, i can't understand why people are wanting to sell given? he's been 100% committed to the club since he got there, he's always the first name on the team sheet, he has been supportive of the club, its players and fans, and in many cases, has been the voice of reason...

Just a question. If we did sell Given (which i hope and doubt we will) our only remaining keeper would Siegriest who has been attracting alot of praise in the reserves and youth international stages. Is he capable of being our number 2 this season, or even our number 1 if Given was to be injured?

Has Guzan left the building ?

Paul Robinson is a good shout, top keeper, top pro

He's dreadful. Up there with some of the worst keepers I've seen in the prem over the past 5-10 years; the Paddy Kennys, Brian Jensens and Roy Carrolls.

While I think Richard's post is slightly tongue in cheek (I think he might naughtily be referring to Stephen Ireland for example), I don't actually think they will be selling anyone while managerless. The problem is, other clubs have managers and we can't stop them from looking. So the speculation might very well continue. I'd say the squad will be the same by the time a manager is hired. I wouldn't be hugely gutted if we lost Given. His age, his contract and his ability on corners are things we could do without as a club going forward. Yes he's good, but he's far from irreplaceable.

Has Guzan left the building ?

Paul Robinson is a good shout, top keeper, top pro

He's dreadful. Up there with some of the worst keepers I've seen in the prem over the past 5-10 years; the Paddy Kennys, Brian Jensens and Roy Carrolls.

Hyperbole is fun. But to the original question, by all accounts he is gone from July 1st. If anything, he's too good to waste away on our bench any longer.

I wouldn't be hugely gutted if we lost Given. His age, his contract and his ability on corners are things we could do without as a club going forward. Yes he's good, but he's far from irreplaceable.

...He's not wrong, you know. ^That.

A decent enough bid and with some leg work on a replacement, I'd sell.