Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

If we are looking to raid for young(ish) keepers, Federici from Reading would be a good shout.....

... and not just because it's been too long since we had a young Aussie keeper :winkold:

I would imagine that it is Robert Green out of the two that is more likely to end up at QPR, as his contract has expired. The journalist probably just threw Shay's name in to the mix to make up the numbers, and hedge their bets a little.

Ben Foster is shit though. I would much rather give Guzan a new deal than bring in Foster.

All about opinions but for me he is far from shit, I bet Baggie and Spurs fans wish he had of been in goal for the Arsenal game as Martin Fulop showed everyone what being shit really is.

If we could get Foster in then I would sell as for me Given=Dracula.

Ben Foster is shit though. I would much rather give Guzan a new deal than bring in Foster.

Really, is he? One fantastic double save against us at the Hawthorns stands out pretty well!

Not too bothered if Given was to leave. He is on massive wages and I think he is over rated.

Same... Given has been and is a good keeper but personally I'd prefer we drafted in someone like Ruddy from Norwich, less wages and good potential.

I'd be gutted if we lost Given...sure, he doesn't come out for crosses, but he is a top class shot stopper!

Anybody else is a gamble, Foster is good, but is prone to errors, Ruddy has shown form, but how many other keepers have shown some class and then fallen away.

With Shay we have a proven track record! Plus, he is my all time favourite player...

A young keeper would be too much imo. We already have a massively young squad, some experience is needed - and this season proved that GK is one of those positions we need an experienced keeper.

We already need to buy one keeper as #2, who can be young and up and coming sure. But hiring 2 promising keepers to work with our young and promising squad is a recipe for a nightmare.

Agree with KHV / h_b.

Good shot stopper, as are 90% of keepers, but nothing special imo. Got to take some of the blame for our 20+ goals conceded from set pieces / didn't save a single penalty etc and he's on a mammoth contract.

i wouldnt mind seeing him go, would depend as always on how good our scouting is and how good a replacement we can get

however at the moment Id would say we couldnt do better though without spending serious money

would be amazing if we could pull a ter stegen or similar out the bag

Unless they came in with £8M+ i couldn't possibly see this happening.

If QPR are on the hunt for a goalkeeper I should imagine that Ben Foster would be higher on their wishlist anyway, from an attainment perspective at least.

Oh ffs are people actually considering that we sell our best player again. I know it's highly possible under Lerner but why have we as fans begun to accept this as the norm. Why isn't there universal outrage that Lerener is turning us into Crewe.

Why are we even discussing the possibility? I'd rather we look improve the outfield squad than to deprove the gk position.

Really hope this isn't true.

Why people think Given is "average" and "overrated" is beyond me.

He should have been our player of the season this year. He's been very very good for us.

We would struggle to replace him with anyone as good.

Given is still top 3 in Premier League for me behind Hart and Cech and if wasnt for him we be in Championship and not Bolton.

Think he made 1 error all season and that was Arsenal 1st goal at Emirates

id defo keep Given, and I cant see QPR attracting him....... the worry will be if Celtic come in for him, as he wants to play for them before he wraps up !!!

If he does go, Paul Robinson would be the man for me !