No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to gatecrash this thread fellow Villa fans. OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of? IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Seriously, I would be less disappointed if we hired Steve Kean, Terry Connor or Kermit the Frog ahead of OSG. And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

Before leaving this thread, just to let you know that I would only be happy with Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert of those managers who have been linked to the post. Both have proven that they can take on a club, build it up & move it forward.

Getting Swansea & Norwich in the Premiership is like winning the Champions League with Villa.

That my friends should be our ultimate ambition & not fawning ridiculously over some muppet whose heart lies at Old Trafford!

OSG? NO NO NO!

Don't sugarcoat it - say what you really think !

Sorry that goal by Savo at Wembley was worth the fee on his own.

YES!!! Most underated wembley goal. Total cracker!!!

Time to gatecrash this thread fellow Villa fans. OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of? IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Seriously, I would be less disappointed if we hired Steve Kean, Terry Connor or Kermit the Frog ahead of OSG. And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

Before leaving this thread, just to let you know that I would only be happy with Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert of those managers who have been linked to the post. Both have proven that they can take on a club, build it up & move it forward.

Getting Swansea & Norwich in the Premiership is like winning the Champions League with Villa.

That my friends should be our ultimate ambition & not fawning ridiculously over some muppet whose heart lies at Old Trafford!

OSG? NO NO NO!

Your very much mistaken, The video was of Bosko Balaban and the manager was John Gregory.

Savo was a great player, (wrongly) took a lot of stick, scored 15 goals in first season. Christ, if we get one player near that total its a success these days, back then we had Yorkie and him.

I'm pretty sure Little signed Savo based on video footage. Thought he was a great signing to be honest - Would put Heskey to shame.

Talked to Simon Grayson, yes sure talk to Villa while his side will be playing at Wembley. Plus I know a Leeds fan very well who says hes shit!

I know Villa fans who say every manager on this planet are shit.

I know what your saying, however take it for me if you want to see hoofball McLeish then SG is your man to play that style.

The Suntan Superman on Twitter posted this a little while ago:

The Suntan Superman ‏@SFitzgerald1986

Just got told #OGS has handed in his resignation papers at #Molde and will be installed as #avfc boss friday afternoon....#baitedbreathe

He's given supposed ITK tidbits in the past but I'm not sure how reliable he is.

He is very unreliable. He isn't ITK whatsoever. Honestly, dont listen to that guy.

IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

not sure which one makes you look like your on a wind up

If this is the case its a rather cruel way to approach OGS. With all the fuzz... private jet and all,

I think OGS is the back up plan. I think after last year they want a manager in waiting - if they fail with other targets they know hes ready and waiting. They don't want to be caught out like last year - and having to go for a duffer like Mcarthy.

OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of?

This is pretty much what I thought when I first heard the rumour.

Then I actually WATCHED the video...Then I read this thread with posts written by Norwegians and other followers of OGS's career, which were universally complimentary of him...Then I had a look at what people were saying in Norway about him...Then I read what OGS himself said about Aston Villa...And by then I'd changed my mind completely.

This is NOT "Some muppet" we're talking about here. This is a man who inspires almost unanimous admiration wherever he goes and whatever he does in football, a man referred to by some in Norway as a "national treasure".

If Aston Villa is ever going to inspire anybody ever again, we need to be taking a chance on somebody before the CL clubs come calling. The person to take a chance on is somebody with impeccable football pedigree, likeable personality, winning record, knowledge of the transfer market, and perhaps most importantly, ability to read a game of football from the touchline. OGS is exactly this man, imo.

If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest.

yeah, let him go and prove his worth elsewhere so we can't get him down the line. just like we do with players

OSG? NO NO NO!

Don't sugarcoat it - say what you really think !

Sorry that goal by Savo at Wembley was worth the fee on his own.

YES!!! Most underated wembley goal. Total cracker!!!

im all for an opinion but yours goes out the window when you slate Savo..... I aggree he didnt get the 25-30 he said he would, but the lad was a top drawer player and really helped Dwight become the player he was with his movement, passing and flair...... also still scored commendable amounts of goals....... far better than Angel, but wasnt such a nice bloke hence he isnt remembered fondly

Savo is a legend just for the awesome goal he scored in the Cup Final against Leeds.

As for OGS, I do really hope we take a chance on him as manager. Would be more than happy with Lambert but I just have a feeling that OGS is going to be a very good manager.

far better than Angel, but wasnt such a nice bloke hence he isnt remembered fondly

Actually I met him in a multi-storey carpark and he was lovely. Waited for us to go to our car and get something to sign. I guess I was only about 7.

Talked to Simon Grayson, yes sure talk to Villa while his side will be playing at Wembley. Plus I know a Leeds fan very well who says hes shit!

I know Villa fans who say every manager on this planet are shit.

Cracker where have you been all our lives?! Disappeared for ages!! You posted some good stuff!