No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Theres no way Smetrov that OGS is a backup plan.... Last year we were after a manager and nearly had Mcclaren and ended up with Mcleish. The board must be going mental if a young,upcoming manager is being used as a backup.

As some one else as said - he may have started as the back up plan.

I think its an ideal back up plan. He clearly wants to come, only nominal if any compensation, the fans will accept him.

I think if we interview lambert and conclude the interview with 'we have some others to see - we will be in touch' - lambert will tell us to f*** off

so far it seems faulkner and lerner are more clued up this time ....which bodes well.

......I really can't make my mind up, who i want, or who we are more likley to get !

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Suntan Superman on Twitter posted this a little while ago:

The Suntan Superman ‏@SFitzgerald1986

Just got told #OGS has handed in his resignation papers at #Molde and will be installed as #avfc boss friday afternoon....#baitedbreathe

He's given supposed ITK tidbits in the past but I'm not sure how reliable he is.

Lambert or OGS - would be very happy with either. Both young and good managers. Both would be looking to build something ala Moyes when he first joined Everton. I would prefer OGS as he is a bit more of an unknown quantity and it could be quite exciting for Villa fans. However, Lambert has done well and is also a very good manager. If it was this time last week I would have seen Lambert but a bet and a youtube video have swayed me towards OGS. Probably not a justfiable reason. Therefore happy if we appoint Lambert.

Time to gatecrash this thread fellow Villa fans. OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of? IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Seriously, I would be less disappointed if we hired Steve Kean, Terry Connor or Kermit the Frog ahead of OSG. And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

Before leaving this thread, just to let you know that I would only be happy with Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert of those managers who have been linked to the post. Both have proven that they can take on a club, build it up & move it forward.

Getting Swansea & Norwich in the Premiership is like winning the Champions League with Villa.

That my friends should be our ultimate ambition & not fawning ridiculously over some muppet whose heart lies at Old Trafford!

OSG? NO NO NO!

Don't sugarcoat it - say what you really think !

Time to gatecrash this thread fellow Villa fans. OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of? IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Seriously, I would be less disappointed if we hired Steve Kean, Terry Connor or Kermit the Frog ahead of OSG. And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

Before leaving this thread, just to let you know that I would only be happy with Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert of those managers who have been linked to the post. Both have proven that they can take on a club, build it up & move it forward.

Getting Swansea & Norwich in the Premiership is like winning the Champions League with Villa.

That my friends should be our ultimate ambition & not fawning ridiculously over some muppet whose heart lies at Old Trafford!

OSG? NO NO NO!

You made valid points until you started going on about how you'd prefer McLeish/Kean to OGS and how getting Norwich and Swansea into the Premiership is like Villa winning the Champions League.

I notice the same ones who didn't want GH are the ones who are against OGS, hoping OGS gets a chance people aren't trying to force opinions from the start.

There are not many "against" OGS. I think the vast majority would be delighted with him. While othere would be happy but have preference for others.

That is normal.

OSG? NO NO NO!

Quite apart from the fact that Savo Milosevic was an excellent footballer who was misused at Villa... who the hell is 'OSG'?

Wind-up.

OSG? NO NO NO!

Your very much mistaken, The video was of Bosko Balaban and the manager was John Gregory.

Savo was a great player, (wrongly) took a lot of stick, scored 15 goals in first season. Christ, if we get one player near that total its a success these days, back then we had Yorkie and him.

OSG? NO NO NO!

Can't take any of that seriously after

And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

OSG? NO NO NO!

Don't sugarcoat it - say what you really think !

Sorry that goal by Savo at Wembley was worth the fee on his own.

And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read and I don't seriously believe that anyone could think that.

The Suntan Superman on Twitter posted this a little while ago:

The Suntan Superman ‏@SFitzgerald1986

Just got told #OGS has handed in his resignation papers at #Molde and will be installed as #avfc boss friday afternoon....#baitedbreathe

He's given supposed ITK tidbits in the past but I'm not sure how reliable he is.

He's never got anything right, every transfer window he spouts some shit that never comes off....He's been on Twitter for a long time and only 160 followers...That's because people unfollow because he's full of shit.