No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to use google translate but found this.

SANDNES (rbnett.no): Molde manager believes the club can emerge from the noise.

Published: 05/21/2012 at. 2:35 p.m.

By: Jan H. Indbjør

- I'm done with that issue and concentrate fully on the job with this talented bunch.

- Today the players showed what lives in them. The culture of the club and the player group is deep, and the team just gets better and better, said MFK manager, who had to answer countless questions from a large press corps after the battle.

See also: Comment: Football farce can be positive for Molde

And what did he do with common courtesy and patience, but repeated what he has said in recent days:

- I have never hidden the fact that I have ambitions to return to English football and a top club. But I still have not been offered a job, and therefore work on with what we have started on the MFK.

The club strengthened

He believes the club will learn from the experiences they have done this week and be back stronger, despite all the fuss and noise about the trip to Birmingham and Aston Villa's interest.

- I think it could be seen as good publicity for the club that there is such an interest from a big English club, and therefore the reaction could have been different from the various stakeholders in and around the club. But I guarantee that the club will be better equipped for this, said Solskjaer, who was hailed by many visiting supporters during and after the match in Sandnes.

- I hope he will

Magnus Wolff Eikrem has been under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer trainer wings since the little boy time, and has been mentioned as a possible companion if the manager should have and possibly accept an offer from Aston Villa.

- I do not really talk about anything but the game today, but I can say that I have not in a hurry to get overseas again.

- And I hope Ole Gunnar remains in MFK a while, we have both qualifying for the Champions League and other interesting challenges ahead, said Magnus.

Captain Daniel Berg Hestad supplemented: - It is understandable that Ole Gunnar is sought after and desired by others, according to what he has achieved with us. But we have more time. Today it was especially important that we stood together and performed so well.

How is lambert in any way vibrant
What he has done with Norwich over 3 seasons would suggest he is an extremely vibrant manager. We're not hiring him to do stand-up comedy.

Jury is out on lambert

If we get OGS won't we have pretty much a whole country as new fans

If it's out on Lambert then it mustn't even be picked yet for OGS. I fail to see how Lambert could possibly have achieved more than he has in Norwich's 3 seasons. Or to put it another way, what are you waiting for Lambert to do with Norwich before the jury makes it's decision? It seems that you just don't like the guy. Be it his demeanour or whatever. Because his record speaks for itself.

Jury is out on lambert

:shock: wtf if the jury is still out on Lambert then it hasn't even been selected for Solskjaer. I have no problem if it is to be Solskjaer but if it comes down to managerial experience then Lambert is way ahead. Just in his 3 seasons at Norwich he has 2 promotions and a credible Prem finish with a newly promoted club whilst playing good football and spending relatively very little.

I'm still thinking about what Gazton said the other night. He seemed pretty sure it was OGS. Now I know there have been complications since then but it seems now that it's all been cleared up. The only thing that's unclear now is who we want.

Jury is out on lambert

If it's out on Lambert then it mustn't even be picked yet for OGS. I fail to see how Lambert could possibly have achieved more than he has in Norwich's 3 seasons. Or to put it another way, what are you waiting for Lambert to do with Norwich before the jury makes it's decision? It seems that you just don't like the guy. Be it his demeanour or whatever. Because his record speaks for itself.

I think people wrongly think he is MON mk II. That has made up their mind for them.

Me, I am happy with either!

Impression I get is yes, minus a few thousand who are fans already, leaving an increase of almost exactly five million fans :)

I also think there will be more Villa fans in the UK for it, more bums on VP seats, and heaps more people with Villa as their second team, for what that's worth. If the club really want "Vibrancy", OGS is the one to go for, no question.

Time to gatecrash this thread fellow Villa fans. OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of? IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Seriously, I would be less disappointed if we hired Steve Kean, Terry Connor or Kermit the Frog ahead of OSG. And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

Before leaving this thread, just to let you know that I would only be happy with Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert of those managers who have been linked to the post. Both have proven that they can take on a club, build it up & move it forward.

Getting Swansea & Norwich in the Premiership is like winning the Champions League with Villa.

That my friends should be our ultimate ambition & not fawning ridiculously over some muppet whose heart lies at Old Trafford!

OSG? NO NO NO!