No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He guided Molde to their first league title in October and his contract, which runs to the summer of 2014, is believed to contain a substantial buy-out clause.

It is believed Martinez, the Wigan manager, remains Villa’s preferred target even though he rejected the job last summer.

Telegraph.. http://tinyurl.com/6s9ryon

It seems a bit unusual for our typically shy owner to park his private jet somewhere that was going to cause such obvious speculation.

Park it somewhere that will cause speculation? YOu mean the airport in the city he sent the jet?

If he's sending his jet to pick OGS up, what's he meant to do? Camouflage it? Buy a stealth bomber? Buy a few more jets and send them to other cities as decoys?

My thinking was more that it would of been easy enough to charter a flight through a Norwegian company and things would all be a bit quieter right now.

I'm glad they're not though as I got in at 33/1. :lol:

A year ago people were suggesting Lambert and getting shot down as he had no experience, was a gamble, needs to prove himself. Had anybody even thought to suggest Brendan Rodgers it would have been a similar reaction (probably worse). Now people are saying that those two managers may in a position where they may not want to come and play for us.

This time we're getting in there early so for god sake stop moaning and support him.

:)

Quite late to this, but I think it's an excellent point.

Done deal according to a Norwegian journo on twitter.

Wow, they belted out terms quick if that's true.

Manager talks usually take hours and you'd have thought they'd do it tomorrow morning, putting him in a nice hotel over night.

If it's done already then he must be genuinely keen, which is a great sign.

Very excited about this, mostly because I'm Norwegian and because of the way he's had Molde playing this year. Might not be successful but he'll have us play entertaining football.

Could be an interesting appointment.

Like many, he wouldn't have been my first (or second or third etc.) choice but, on reflection, he is as good as any realistic appointment and he provides hope that we might play some decent football.

He was an excellent player, always spoke very well and came across as a class act. He also appeared to have some personality - a huge change from McDour. He should attract instant respect given his career.

I am looking forward to Villa next season for the first time in ages!

Done deal according to a Norwegian journo on twitter.

He hasn't even flown into Birmingham to discuss terms yet..

To be fair, the Norweigian reports (I think) said we had sent "representatives" along with the jet,. So they could have thrashed out a deal

Down want to be a downer but..

Do you really think this unproven amateur manager is going to do anything with our bunch our shiit-house players?

People saying "i hope he doesn't turn us down" are you **** mad? Like Mcleish last season I bet he can't believe he's been given this kind of opportunity! Another nice guy/yes man.

The only person so far ITK on all thing Norwegian football related posted earlier in the thread saying Modle winning their league had been on the cards anyway as the other big teams (Rosenberg etc) were on the slide!

Manure connections - did SAF recommend him too?

Most people who are excited seem to be manure glory hunter types who "loved" him as a player.

Young, hungry and unproven and plays football manager. Great. Maybe I could do the job then? I'd happily do it for 30k per year.

Sorry but this stinks of the cheap option and it's pretty obvious funds for players are going to be very, very limited.

On a side note I hope thetrees has made a killing out of this - what a legend !!

Olé Gunnar Solsjkaer:

Last season Molde had a really big striker, a good target man and there were a lot of long balls for him to flick on and crosses for headers in the box, which I completely turned around, I dont want too many crosses.

I want us to play through the opponent, in behind them, in between them more often and I think the players are enjoying playing the way I ask them too.

:thumb: