No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Update.. Randy is over, flew in today! Spoke to PF who said tomorrow will be a serious days business it their search….

May as well fan the flames that have gone MENTAL over the past 8 hours, but that was tweeted by a SkySports dude yesterday (Pete Colley)

Or so according to 'Aston Villa News and Views'. I wouldn't know, I don't use TwitMyFace

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be a fool to refuse use and not take charge of a premier club (just) he will stay with Molde FK till 1st July, they play on the 20th, 24th and 28th of this month then have a month off till the 30th of June.

Update.. Randy is over, flew in today! Spoke to PF who said tomorrow will be a serious days business it their search….

May as well fan the flames that have gone MENTAL over the past 8 hours, but that was tweeted by a SkySports dude yesterday (Pete Colley)

Or so according to 'Aston Villa News and Views'. I wouldn't know, I don't use TwitMyFace

Meh , that site is never right on anything... :-)

This is a MASSIVE risk. I will only like it if we had a DOF too or something along those lines.

ballsiest move the club has made since we signed an alcoholic cripple from man united...

And what an alcoholic cripple he was!

Legend.

Back on topic, OGS would be a big risk but after the last 2 seasons then I would see his appointment as a breath of fresh air and an opportunity to create a dynasty.

If nothing else he would want us to play football rather than the shit we have been served up since last August.

Does anyone know his style of football, how he sets teams up?

What's his back room team like ?

Does he have a good record with signings ? Or nurturing young talent ?

One can only assume that, given all your other postings on this topic, that they were indeed Posting for Effect as clearly unless those are rhetorical questions, to which you do know your own mind as to the answers, then you've been slating a signing based on little or scant knowledge of the subject. Can I respectfully suggest that you do a little background reading and come up with an informed opinion before you post....

You might actually find the answers to those questions in the video posted a few pages back too, so can I also respectfully suggest, you do actually take note of what has been posted in the very topic you are contributing to.

I like the look of OGS i have to say. A great way to stick 2 fingers up to other certain managers & chairmen who appear to thoroughly enjoy a bit of Villa bashing with all the "Not big enough" & other derisory comments..

I am sick to the back teeth of them all clubbing together & belittling this club publicly just because we have had a difficult spell.

So i really like this approach... Obviously it's a bit of a gamble in a sense but then it is with any manager...especially ones who have no real desire other than to inflate their own ego's as appears to be the case with many of our former incumbants & those recently linked.

For me this club should steer clear of those who have either previously turned their nose up at the opportunity to manage this great club or have bottled the opportunity as too great a risk to their image.

So for me if OGS is up for the challenge that puts him head & shoulders above the rest & for that alone he deserves a chance & i will back him & the club all the way should he come.

Norwegian media claims OSG has said earlier he will stay, but it seems to be more than rumours, plane spotted in kristiansund and so on. I have actually been thinking he is not ready, but as the evening has passed im getting warmer and warmer to the idea.

Playing style, attack minded, running in backroom and crosses from the sides, depending on players available of course, but not any gung ho style, i believe he will adopt and change during a game.

Extremely positive, he is one of the best clinical finishers ever to play in the PL, maybe he can get the best out of Gabby working on both his finishing and positioning.

I dont know much about his backroom at Molde but i believe his assistant is Mark Dempsey a former Man- Utd. coach. He has two videoanalyst their boss (3 analysts), else is standard (information from Moldefk.no)

:)

id rather we take a gamble like this than sit around and wait for another club to, then try and fail to get the manager off them a few years down the line

hopefully this is a sign that we're going to stop acting the bollox and letting others take the risks, and benefiting from them, and instead we'll be the ones who have the young up and comers that people are eyeing jealously

I'm glad the majority are happy with this speculation but I wonder what the reaction would have been last year. If the owners plan was to totally destroy the expectations of the fans by appointing Mcleish them they succeeded. I think the fans would get behind any young manager after the farce of last season.

This would excite me. Has the right background to take the job apart from the obvious lack of experience. But I guess if he gets any trouble, he will have learnt from Ferguson to take no crap off players, and after all how many of our players can stand up against his achievements on the pitch.

I'm glad the majority are happy with this speculation but I wonder what the reaction would have been last year. If the owners plan was to totally destroy the expectations of the fans by appointing Mcleish them they succeeded. I think the fans would get behind any young manager after the farce of last season.

Perhaps our expectations were too high last season?

This is a good gamble to be making.