No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Wow gutted if true, I can't see this ending well as bad as McLeish was for us, putting in an unproven manager who needs to clear out half a dozen trouble makers from the team in his first proper job. Shocked to be honest, I wish him all the best but I can't see him being here past Christmas as we should be in the shit by then. Terrible decision by Lerner and Faukner another strike against them when it comes to hiring managers...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr.Mooney? What say you on my take of your scenario?
What? That they wouldn't do it just for an interview? Or that he must at least be the favoured candidate? Maybe so, we're all just taking guesses here anyway.

Do we know for certain that it is Kristiansund the plane's gone to, and that that is where OGS is based?

My main doubt is over the cost of sending the plane anywhere to pick up anyone that isn't at least favoured for the role.

How did a flight to Norway suddenly become OGS linked ?

Exactly what im starting to think now.

We know RL's jet is due to fly to Norway.

We have no idea what for.

We have no idea who to see.

Yet, we are all convinced its to see OGS and bring him back to England to be unveiled or for an interview.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.....................

What? That they wouldn't do it just for an interview? Or that he must at least be the favoured candidate? Maybe so, we're all just taking guesses here anyway.

Do we know for certain that it is Kristiansund the plane's gone to, and that that is where OGS is based?

My main doubt is over the cost of sending the plane anywhere to pick up anyone that isn't at least favoured for the role.
I would have thought a short hop like that is small change for Randy. A nice courtesy, entirely in keeping with his style.

it's like if i was going for a job, would the employers send a limo to collect me, we're lucky to see if they'd pick up the expense.

Every job interview I've had the hiring company have paid my expenses, and I've been flown abroad for a fair few of them. I'm not a football manager either...

When they unveil Oyvind Leonhardsen tomorrow at least I can say that I was close :winkold:

Trees your doing a sterling job - I for one wont hang you if thats the case. You have to take these things in the spirit in which their intended.

I have to ask - any reason you think there will be a press conference tomorrow. Seems odd to put these kinds of wheels in motion before they have even met the guy.

BOF got it spot on:

My only doubt is that Randy would send his own private jet at considerable personal expense for a man who; in your scenario; had merely applied and was not favoured in any way. Someone who waas just another candidate.

He isn't going to send his aircraft to pick up an interviewee, so it is likely a done deal.

Could still be Leonhardsen though....

I agree, there would have been prior discussion regarding the job. OGS would have had all the information regarding the job already. He will have already discussed transfers, budgets, expectations etc. Flying the jet over will be for him to come over and cross the t's and dot the i's, and the lower case j's

Judging by that YT vid someone posted, OGS looked pretty settled and excited about his future at Molde. Potentially a long way to fall and a lot of damage to be done to his rep if he were to come here. Would not only be a risky appointment for Lerner but also for OGS.

Of course, this is all assuming he's not motivated solely by filthy lucre.

I would be massively in favour of this. Think it would be a really good appointment. A little risky maybe but I like him and he has developed a strong reputation. I had an inkling when Mcleish got sacked that OGS would get the job and had a couple of quid at 20s. May end up wishing I'd gone higher!

Yet, we are all convinced its to see OGS and bring him back to England to be unveiled or for an interview.

We work on probables.

Carew was a probable, although that was visually confirmed pretty quickly!

Houllier was a probable all the way up to the press conference.

This is a probable, based on destination, the tie in with a mentioned name, and the fact that the owner got off another aircraft at BHX earlier (arriving), and that his jet is due back from Kristiansund tomorrow.

You pays your money and you take your choice. I only report on here (and I only report on VT) what the circumstances are for others to draw conclusions.

My conclusion lent me to place some bets this morning. If they come in I am happy, and if they don't I am happy as well, because I only bet what I am prepared to lose.

However, if OGS is appointed tomorrow, I require an apology from very VTer that pre-dates July 2006 for only voting me second in the newcomer of the year 2006, after all of my sterling work on the takeover (which was popular then!) :winkold:

Oh, and if people win money, they should all send some to Simon for the running of the forum.

I'm off home!

I don't think anyone's convinced. No-one is saying they know for certain. People have put a few bets on, but if we were certain we'd all be putting our houses on it.

People are just saying it adds up.

Coley said he'd spoken to Faulkner yesterday who told him tomorrow [i.e. today] was going to be a big day of business

On that day specified, we get info from Trees that Randy's jet is off to Norway.

It's all guesses obviously. But they're educated guesses

I would have thought a short hop like that is small change for Randy. A nice courtesy, entirely in keeping with his style.
Still don't see it. In theory that's a 'short hop' for each foreign based interviewee who decides to give it a try. Anyhoo, we'll hopefully know soon enough.