No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggling to see how with all this circus being played out in front of the media, we're now expected to be able to pop over and offer the job to Lambert, as though he'll be so delighted that he agrees to join us.

I don't think anyone could ever accuse RL of being unfair, disloyal or unprofessional, but he's certainly coming out of all this looking naive and out of his depth. Whether it was all just conjecture or not regarding OGS, the people in charge should never have allowed for the club to be belittled in such a way, especially after last year.

I think if we've missed out on our first choice, we'll be looking at 3rd or 4th.

Though I hope not.

If RL had wanted OGS, then he could have got him. OGS really wanted the job but then indecision by RL/PF allowed Molde to put pressure on Ole to remain with them. Rokke was acting while Villa was not.

It reminds me of last year when we made a polite approach to Roberto Martinez, but only offered him the same chance as OGS to go on our mythical shortlist. Dave Whelan was then given time to bully RM into staying at Wigan. I thought that Randy would have learnt a valuable lesson from that shafting by a sharp loudmouthed operater like DW, but it appears that another big mouthed financier has triumped over the "gentleman" at Villa.

I hope I'm wrong and that the real reason that OGS was not offered the job is because Randy has someone better lined up (scratches head ?), but I worry that once again we may have shot ourselves in the foot by the same old indecision and dithering that has tended to be the hallmark of Randy's ownership.

Totally agree.

The only other thing I can add, is that maybe when he came over for the chat it was actually PF and RL who were unimpressed with OGS - hence the lack of a speedy offer?

Then they panicked and rang Mick McCarthy.

Not sure this has damaged us too much. We sounded out an excellent managerial prospect, he chose to stay at his hometown club. It's hardly a disgrace. We tried to do it without the press getting hold of the story too.

No embarrassment in what has happened in my opinion. If we start getting turned down by someone like Mick McCarthy it looks terrible, but we went for the right kind of person in the right kind of way.

Pleased with what Randy has tried, but slightly concerned about what is ahead of us now.

I get the impression it is all nothing more than we approached him for a chat, his head was turned & he was caught of guard & was given permission to come to see what it was all about... He came wasn't offered the job & was then being kept in limbo a touch during which time it all "went off" over in Norway as the sponsor threw his toys out etc... He & his missus then discussed it & he made the difficult decision that the timing wasn't right for him & his kids... Same time gets a pay rise offered & has a love in with Molde & the spoilt rich guy who threw his toys out & thats the end of it all!

Frankly i am now glad he isn't coming after that series of events as it is apparent who wears the trousers in camp Solskjaer & camp Molde...& it isn't Ole in either :lol:

Not sure this has damaged us too much. We sounded out an excellent managerial prospect, he chose to stay at his hometown club. It's hardly a disgrace. We tried to do it without the press getting hold of the story too.

No embarrassment in what has happened in my opinion. If we start getting turned down by someone like Mick McCarthy it looks terrible, but we went for the right kind of person in the right kind of way.

Pleased with what Randy has tried, but slightly concerned about what is ahead of us now.

This.....Also think that maybe OGS just decided it was the right club at the wrong time...kids, wife, kids, home, Champs league group stages.

Wouldn't be surprised if he looks a little disappointed in the presser. He might indeed be feeling played by Rokke/Molde as well.

It appears to me that we went for the right kind of person, but in the WRONG way.

I'm pleased that Randy managed to identify an exciting prospect, but perplexed over our apparent hesitation in completing his signing. If there's a better outcome then that's fine, but I share your concern about what's ahead of us now.

They are really milking this aren't they. Its been a cracking bit of publiity for Molde off the back of us and has ultimatey shown them in a good light having kept there man regardless of whether we actaully ever wanted him.

This is where people such as Levy at spurs earn their money

They are ruthless in business and do not pussy foot around like people have said we are far to nice and i'd like to see us upset the applecart a little **** ethics if we want a player or a manager go out there and get him

1. To go against Røkke is never easy. History in Norway how showed that. There have been "incidents" of various kind for those who have.

2. It was 1 year to early for OGS. If the approach had come next season he would definitely have said yes (if the offer ever was made, which it never was).

A Major factor here is that Molde will attend in this coming CL and he prob wants to show what he can do on a European stage.

OGS did not go for the money. If he did then Villa had been the better option.