Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

(Just posted this in the Carroll thread but I figured it was worth sticking in here)

Only these current PL strikers have scored more PL goals than Gabby (in order):

Rooney -26

Defoe - 29

Bent -28

Van Persie - 28

Bellamy - 33

Adebayor - 28

Tevez - 28

Torres - 28

Crouch - 31

(Gabby) - 25

From that list we would have a slim chance of signing Defoe (who most Villa fans probably aren't desperate to sign anyway), and I doubt anyone would want Crouch back.

I think that's pretty enlightening, given that Gabby's still got at least 4/5 good years in him. We're lucky to have him. Frankly, I can only hope some of you start seeing sense.

A striker is only as good as the talent around him. Last year Gabby had really no one giving him chances plus with McLeish's tactics, Gabby would be lucky to even get into the final 3rd a couple of times per game. Hopefully he can do much better with Lambert. Still think he is a good striker who can still get us 10-12 goals a season.

Real shame for Gabby, this could really be his season but he needs to get off to a flyer. Would love a decent forward signing, not sure we can do well in the premiership with our current forwards.

Real shame for Gabby, this could really be his season but he needs to get off to a flyer. Would love a decent forward signing, not sure we can do well in the premiership with our current forwards.

We created a good 12+ chances in each pre-season friendly and had Bent been playing would have scored several goals. The difference between this season and last is that this season we have players that can create chances.

^ erm why not?

Bent is more than good enough.

erm because which other decent premiership team has one decent striker?

Bent will provide the goals for us should the service be there.

I don't think Gabby will be missed THAT much - Bent would be a bigger miss in my opinion.

We seem to create chances more so Bent will score more.

Of course i'd like us to add another striker but I think we can go into the PL with the current situation on strikers without too much worry imo.

He might not be missed immediately, but it's a real blow to his season. In a lot of people's eyes this year was 'make or break' for Gabby, and now he's going to miss out on a large part of pre-season and the first couple of games at least. Really **** disappointing. Hope he's able to hit the ground running upon his return.

I would love it if we sign Sturridge, yet I just can't see him coming to us.

Big loss having Gabby out for a few weeks anyway. Hopefully Weimann and/or the Fonz can step up in his absence. We really could use another goalscorer though to go alongside Bent. Thus allowing for the development of players like Weimann and the Fonz.

I think this isn't necessarily a "horrible" loss, in the sense that Bent is probably the first name on the sheet, but what it does is limit PL's options to play different formations. IMO, Weimann is probably the most like for like replacement for Bent if he is injured, but having Gabby out hurts us if we want to play 442, as he is really the only partner for Bent.

Â