Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

8 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Another link in the BM for this.

Mixed feelings myself. Sentimental git I suppose but it always feels better supporting Gabby (due to his villa supporting academy graduate history)  than another faceless mercenary like N'Zog etc. Means nothing I know - and I can see all his flaws but he was seriously dangerous when on his game. Cant argue his legs have gone now though. Bet we'll be picking up the majority of his salary irrespective sadly.

For once....as Villa fans....I hope we remember Gabby for his highs rather than his lows.

Gabby frustrates me and makes me feel sad as I want nothing more to see him do well for us. He has just gone stale. I think he'd do well in the French league.

3 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Just release this clown

You have to pay off his contract. If you are doing that you might as well keep him.

Long contracts are for young, sought after, improving players with potential, not older, past their best, uninterested players.

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You have to pay off his contract. If you are doing that you might as well keep him.

Long contracts are for young, sought after, improving players with potential, not older, past their best, uninterested players.

It's why Chelsea only give one year deals to players over 30. Might result in a few players leaving on a free but I think it's the right approach overall.

Gabby will be 32 when his contract runs out. For a 'pace' player that is too old regardless of motivation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

What do you reckon he's up to? Not even the Hatton Gardens thieves could penetrate Gabby's skull.

Probably trying to show him he will no longer be chosen simply on being a "Villa man" etc. Get with the program or get shot, no longer an automatic starter etc. Which understandably may have come as a shock to his system to begin with but may work out in the long run. I still have faith in him, if he cares enough he will work his socks off and get with the program. I'm starting to believe Gabby doesnt bet along with non british managers though.

Â