Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

OBE; yes I am one of those who very clearly do not believe he is good enough to play for Aston Villa or in the premier league for that matter

So why has he had some pretty good scoring seasons at this level? How many other players "not good enough for the Premier League" have had 3 straight seasons of reaching double figures in league goals? He's been stuck on the wing an awful lot too

OBE; yes I am one of those who very clearly do not believe he is good enough to play for Aston Villa or in the premier league for that matter

So why has he had some pretty good scoring seasons at this level? How many other players "not good enough for the Premier League" have

had 3 straight seasons of reaching double figures in league goals? He's been stuck on the wing an awful lot too

Well if you feel that just by reaching double figures is ok? Please feel free to carry on!

He is an epitome of what this club has been for too long, they were a perfect fit for each other......it's just time up.

Well, his pace and power has always made him a threat and every now and then he pops up with a goal. But as far as technique is concerned, he's definitely the worst I've seen play for us in my lifetime, that coupled with his lack of end product means he should be out of here next season. 

Thats my point.....Limited player who gives you a good game in 8 on a lucrative contract, thats been whats wrong with this club for years.....not ruthless enough in pursuit of betterment.....and paying over the odds for mediocrity.

If players are any good, we have trouble keeping them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

So why has he had some pretty good scoring seasons at this level? How many other players "not good enough for the Premier League" have had 3 straight seasons of reaching double figures in league goals? He's been stuck on the wing an awful lot too

stuck on the wing to accommodate the threat of his pace........no good enough to play down the middle.

Absolute dog shit of a player. Personally i've never rated him, not even under MON. He just doesn't have a clue.

If he wasn't fast he'd be in league 2.

If he wasn't fast he wouldn't he a footballer. I can't remember who, but someone in our youth setup said as much. He had pace and absolutely nothing else, but he was so fast they reckoned thy might have a chance of making the other stuff at least passable and he might be some way useful Edited by P3te

His lack of effort (particularly as he thrives on the reputation of being one of us) is the most disappointing thing. Players are allowed times of poor form, but to not try is unforgivable.

Generally Gabby is not up to the job, and it's hard to see how he got a new contract at the beginning of this season, because it's been several years since he had a decent season, and he has never been prolific.

So why has he had some pretty good scoring seasons at this level? How many other players "not good enough for the Premier League" have

had 3 straight seasons of reaching double figures in league goals? He's been stuck on the wing an awful lot too

Well if you feel that just by reaching double figures is ok? Please feel free to carry on!

Why wouldn't it be ok? Only around 20 players do it each season, don't they? I'd imagine over half of them are from the top 6 sides.

Why wouldn't it be ok? Only around 20 players do it each season, don't they? I'd imagine over half of them are from the top 6 sides.
Surely you have answered this yourself? His inability to regularly notch above 9-10 goals a season is one of the reasons that we are no longer a top six outfit. He is a striker and supposedly a good one after all???

I think getting rid of him is going to be very difficult. 

He is the limpet of the squad - totally unmoveable.

However, he does have a penchant for scoring in important matches - just hope this continues with next weeks game.

No Dave, it's indefensible. Appearance number 351 in which he was poor, but no poorer than most anyone in the side with the honourable exceptions of Delph and Baker is clearly the defining moment in his career. Forget the last ten years, yesterday is it and he should be taken out the back immediately and shot, along with most of the first team. I'm guessing you'd also like the manager sacked?

Â