Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

It was right that he got a new contract but Lambert also needs to have the bollocks to drop him if he's not performing or for a different formation.

Lambert has dropped him this season hasn't he? Or am I going mad?

Yes, he was dropped for the Spurs game.

I didn't mean it never happens, just he can have an awful run of many games and not be in danger of his place. Though he may not even of been 100% for Spurs if N'Zogbia was picked ahead of him.

With his ok run for the last few games it probably shouldn't be one of those times he should be dropped, well not if we continue in our typical formation anyway.

Surely that will be appealed against. It was a 50/50, Young bottled it and he got hurt, simple as.

Agreed - but I can't see us being successful in an appeal.  It's not "completely" wrong, more of a "referee's call" if that makes sense - but it's nonsense that you lose 3 games because of that.  **** nonsense.

He kicked him, but pulled out last minute and didn't really hurt him, Young faked it. (no pun intended) :P

It would've hurt Young, no doubt.  His leg was planted and he was definitely caught by Agbonlahor.  A red though?  No way.

We didn't look any worse without him on the pitch and that's either an encouraging factor with our team morale or a glaring problem that he's a passenger for too many of our games.

Not a clear red, in fact at first I thought Young made the bad tackle, but whatever the outcome we got the draw and we might see some change....could be a blessing, plus it might pump him up a bit,.

I think we will definitely appeal against that red card.

An appeal depends on whether mason admits it wasn't a red card on review. As I understand it the fa wont overturn the decision unless mason admits he made a mistake. If he stands by the decision we will probably get a another match ban for making a frivolous appeal.

I think we will definitely appeal against that red card.

An appeal depends on whether mason admits it wasn't a red card on review. As I understand it the fa wont overturn the decision unless mason admits he made a mistake. If he stands by the decision we will probably get a another match ban for making a frivolous appeal.

I can't see the appeal being frivolous.  Similarly, I can't see the red card being overturned.  Hopefully there's some sort of appeal system that can conclude "ok, we can't say it wasn't a red card - but the suspension is reduced from 3 games to 1".  Highly unlikely I suppose.

Always the same old officials doing the same old tricks and scams to protect the top 4 and London clubs...happened against Spurs (London club) and happens here against the most protected team in England Man U..it's the same pattern on repeat year in year out! The staggering thing is how the FA have not been investigated for match rigging still.

Still it'll all balance out over the season  :crylaugh: (as if)

• Like 1

Always the same old officials doing the same old tricks and scams to protect the top 4 and London clubs...happened against Spurs (London club) and happens here against the most protected team in England Man U..it's the same pattern on repeat year in year out! The staggering thing is how the FA have not been investigated for match rigging still.

Still it'll all balance out over the season  :crylaugh: (as if)

To be honest, I think this kind of stuff is tired garbage.  It always gets trawled out (possibly true in the case of Utd), but the whole "London club" thing is just incorrect.

Even from vague memory, Benteke elbowed some Chelsea player (Azpilicueta?) and didn't get sent off.  Referees just make mistakes sometimes.

At first glance I thought it was a red card but only because I thought Gabby had caught him fairly high. Looking back it was a harsh red and should only have been a yellow.

Although a small part of me wants him to get a ban just to force Lambert to have to try something different

Our formation doesn't really suit him, does it? He is better when up top on his own, or maybe if we stick two up there. We don't, so the only other choice is for him to go out wide, and quite frankly, he isn't good/smart enough to handle such a role. We need a new player to slot into that position immediately.

Edited by Tayls

His movement is so frustrating. It's so irratic too. Sometimes he will run down the channels, other times he doesn't when it seems most obvious. He has all the pace in the world but doesn't have the brains to utilise it. It's really quite annoying.

Edited by PieFacE

Â