Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He's being rewarded for mediocrity. Easily replaceable, not worth the extension he was given.

Not trying to rub it in, but that was quite poor timing. He did a great job today, and I don't think it would be easy to replace that performance at all, at any rate not at the prices we're likely to pay. 

TRO I can fully appreciate he is not everyone’s cup of tea and can totally understand why. He often frustrates the hell out of me as whilst I am one of those that values his worth way beyond his goal scoring record I feel he lacks consistency.

I do have to take a little exception to your statement above that he rarely scores match winning goals. Off the top of my head I can recall a couple of match winners against Sha, a match winner for our first win at Old Trafford in donkeys years, a match winner when we were in relegation mire under Houllier against West Ham, a brace against Norwich in a 2-1 win when we were in deep shit in 2013 and the winner at Reading a couple of weeks before, the winner away at Sunderland last season. The ones listed were all massive goals for us either in big games or in recent years games where we have been clinging on to our Premier League status.

I actually always feel that when the chips are really down or in the big games Gabby is one of the few players we have who can, as he has often shown, pull out a big performance and either score or create a goal for us. It is perhaps that which contributes to many being frustrated that he doesn't do it more often but I guess that is what separates him from being a good player and not a great one.

.....you have a better memory than me.

Another big goal to add to his list. Hopefully one you can remember ;-)

• Like 1

When was the last time Gabby scored 2 games in a row?

Today.

I clearly meant before today lol

He scored against Sunderland in the 6-1 maulings and two magnificent crucial goals the next week against Norwich :)

Cheers i only asked cause I'm far too lazy to do find out for myself. Thanks stat monkey lol [emoji1]

Today.

He scored against Sunderland in the 6-1 maulings and two magnificent crucial goals the next week against Norwich :)

Actually the last time was in January this year when he scored the winner against Sunderland after scoring against Swansea.

Today.

Actually the last time was in January this year when he scored the winner against Sunderland after scoring against Swansea.

Apologies, I wasn't saying that was the last time, it was just the one that came into my head.

Edited by rodders0223

The sort of goal he scored tonight was the sort he hasn't scored enough of in his career here, a scrappy finish from when the ball's bobbling around the box. Had a knack of a Bent type striker and he'd be on 90 premier league goals now instead of 70.

Still despite the appaling miss at Stoke I thought he was pretty good at leading the line there so only really the Newcastle game he didn't really get into. 3 good games out of 4 I'll take that from him and Weimann.

Don' t you just love it when irony bites you on the bum.

Mark, you must be chuckling to yourself, about our posts about Gabby, but I am delighted that he got the match winner yesterday...more of that and I will be bowing in your presence....

I am delighted he rammed those words down my throat.....and I'll bet you was too.lol

Happy to be wrong, when we do that.

• Like 1

Â