General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Jesus Christ, I'm read H&V and seeing people talking about Big Sam coming in as DoF and Owen Coyle as manager...

No no no... leave well alone.

Yeah, that thread is mental. Are they all high or something?

I've compiled a little overview of the favourites, and some cheeky outsiders too!

http://soccersagacity.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/who-will-be-the-next-aston-villa-manager/

For what it's worth, I can't believe people think we have a shot at getting AVB...

Yes, how could we possibly pry him away from his garden.

It's quite impossibru.

When all the euphoria of McLeish has died down, just remember there are other McLeishs out there.

we just have to keep all our fingers crossed that these guys ( our board) are genuine about attempting to get a manager that can give us a reasonable chance of doing something.

We ALL know its a gamble, but some potential suitors have better odds around their necks than others of pulling it off.

Lets just hope and pray they know.

AVB will be off to Roma, would be nice if we did approach him as I'm sure he'd love to mend his reputation here and it would be a nice challenge for him (but he would want some financial backing too), can't see it happening though.

Please, please, please, Let it be AVB, he will have learned massive lessons from Chelsea. He gets a state of the art training facility and a great youth set up.

It really could be right up his Alley!

Fingers Crosses. But happy with all names except one...

Not keen on Ranieri either - likeable guy, but his work post-Chelsea has been average.

Ranieri win % post Chelsea :

Valencia 41.7

Parma 43.8

Juventus 48.9

Roma 57.1

Inter 47.1

I would love someone with an average record like that :lol:

and for the record his Chelsea win % was 53.76 ! (AMcL was 21.4%, MON 42.1)

I've just had a thought, what if we're going after Holloway?

Nice one... - but why would that muppet come here? He labelled us a 'half arsed club who used to be famous...' Hardly the glittering praise of somebody that would be inclined to take up a job here...

I know he was trying to throw us off the scent of Charles Adam, but even so, there are ways of doing it and alienting this wonderful club, the club that gave the world league football (in essence, we'll be forever famous I thank you) is not going to be forgotten lightly.

I'm pretty nervous about next season - we still have all the trouble making shit at the club. If the new person came in and gave absolutely everyone a fresh chance is likely to mean more hard knocks for us endure. I'm not sure what the answer is, and who the answer is - but for once, I like what I heard from Faulkner - a need for vibrancy at Villa Park (that should be a given), and that had the club been accepting of mediocrity then they would not have changed managers at this stage. That is a pretty powerful statement of intent.

It just remains to be seen if the club can carry it off.

Vibrancy - I just don't see Bruce, McCarthy or Curbishly delivering that. Not even if they were backed... :winkold:

For me then, they are looking at a punt on Martinez, Lambert or Poyet. Very outside outsiders for me are Benitez and AVB.

Who knows what the club are thinking? Clouded, this club's future is...

Jesus Christ, I'm read H&V and seeing people talking about Big Sam coming in as DoF and Owen Coyle as manager...

No no no... leave well alone.

Yeah, that thread is mental. Are they all high or something?

They've got a crew of VIP posters, the 'Golden Muppets' who are trying to wind up the plebs with talk of Fat Sam. Quite entertaining.

Why do people want AVB as manager? :? .

I'd also like to know why everyone loves him so much.

I dont know much about the him but what I do now is he writes a thesis on tactics before each game, he did a good job at Academica but its possible that may have been the honeymoon effect.

He took a very very good Porto to win a league and cup double over their only rivals Benfica after Benfica sold their four best players without replacing them. The Europa League was an achievement but many managers would have had a chance with that squad.

Then when is handed a real task he changes a side that now sees themselves in a CL final so surely he was wrong to start changing it?

The amount of Chelsea fans that would moan about some of his substitutions or line up after games was also very apparent on the radio.

AVB's man management takes petty to a whole new level, things like not letting certain players park in certain spaces is pathetic as is getting Tommy Langley sacked

He could talk for Portugal in his post match interviews but without really saying anything.

If someone could enlighten my ignorance with anything more than he won a treble with Porto I'd like to read it.

randy if you appoint mccarthy its mcleish mk 2 and i wont go villa park again

I expect Lambert to be ruled out within the next 48 hrs.

i would be suprise dif he wanst approached considering he is on a rolling contract, its funny whelan says we havent made an approach but norwich havent...

I'm getting £50 on Southgate today

Ticks all the boxes, Villa connection too so would go down well with fans

I also think he would be loyal to us for 4-5 years as he was to Gibson at Boro

Expect his odds to shorten after lunch