General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Christ these markets change quickly don't they? Brendan Rogers was 25/1 on SkyBet about an hour or so ago - now he's at 66/1!

EDIT: Nevermind, was looking at the next West Brom manager market. :lol:

Haha, fear not i did a similar thing earlier, nearly put a tenner on comply or die as our next boss.

:lol::lol:

Bit odd, but when I checked 5 mins ago. BetVictor had completely taken down the Next Villa Manager odds

http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/football-specials

I believe I've read several times that many betting sites remove their odds overnight. I haven't a clue why but it's certainly nothing to do with closing betting due to a dead cert.

Its in case on of 100-1 shots is seen going into VP with a contract in his hand.

Oh no here come the "bookies have taken their odds down at night" posts which plagued us last year. :D :evil: We'll be following Randy's jet around the globe and staying up until 3am in the morning for "exclusive" announcements until the manager is appointed. Be prepared :lol:

Bit odd, but when I checked 5 mins ago. BetVictor had completely taken down the Next Villa Manager odds

I believe I've read several times that many betting sites remove their odds overnight. I haven't a clue why but it's certainly nothing to do with closing betting due to a dead cert.

It's in case there is an announcement is the middle of the night (unlikely as it is) and they get hammered.

I just don't get the rafa hype. Does nothing for me

agreed. i think he peaked a long time ago too. should not be considered always came across awkwardly. my personal choice would be AVB ust because he has that energy to instil some fire and belief plus i think it would be more about the challenge than the money (he' still be earnong a fair few quid!)

lambert would be my second choice though. a more suitable dour scotsman for Villa!

Its in case on of 100-1 shots is seen going into VP with a contract in his hand.

Why would that only apply overnight? Is it because the bookies have no human interface to react and adjust the odds overnight?

Why would that only apply overnight? Is it because the bookies have no human interface to react and adjust the odds overnight?

i think its coz theyve got less manpower at night, so if something did break quickly and people got onto it within say 25 minutes, they'd probably take an almighty beating financially, so they pull them overnight

Yes nobody manning the books overnight so they take the odds down. If a manager is a announced at 5am everybody lumps on and they get hammered. There is automated systems some use that can reduce and adjust the odds with the money, but it still needs the money to come in for them to work. So why take the risk.

I like AVB, but his high defensive line didnt work with Chelsea, I shudder to think how bad our current defenders attempts at it would be

edit: not saying I wouldnt want AVB, but I do think he'll end up somewhere bigger than us anyway

I wouldn't mind giving Nigel Adkins a chance.

Worked wonders at Scunthorpe and Southampton and is 'young ad dynamic' plus gettable.

I know he's just got so'ton up but I don't think he'd turn us down, Scunthorpe to villa in three years? He'd jump for it

I've said him before....however, like lambert/Rodgers last yr think he would like one yr in the prem with the team he brought up. Even though we are bigger than Southampton

Read an article a few months back how Southampton have completely restructured since they went down the leagues, really interesting the youth set up they have. Already producing money from likes of bale, Walcott, ox chambs etc. They reckon in the next 5 they will be producing at least "starlet" a year...

People need to stop posting managers that are in the lower leagues. I sure as hell hope that RL is NOT looking where some of you lot are.

Aston Villa deserve a big manager, an exciting manager, and most importantly one proven in the PL and/or Europe.

People need to stop posting managers that are in the lower leagues. I sure as hell hope that RL is NOT looking where some of you lot are.

Aston Villa deserve a big manager, an exciting manager, and most importantly one proven in the PL and/or Europe.

The most successful manager we have ever had was not a household name.. arrived from Norwich and had no real success to speak of.

but he knew what he was doing and picked his staff who had an eye for a player ( i.e Tony Barton).. He got all the basics right.

This big name stuff is fraught as much as the lower division stuff is.....its all a gamble

Jesus Christ, I'm read H&V and seeing people talking about Big Sam coming in as DoF and Owen Coyle as manager...

No no no... leave well alone.