General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Probably too late for Lambert. Without knowing his contract status, Norwich wouldn't even allow permission to speak to him.

Rodgers would be gettable with a boat load of compensation. He would also ask how much he would get in the warchest. I'd say not much.

Lee Clark is free and would jump at the chance. He will, in my opinion become a top manager in time and is just about my choice but any of the three would be OK.

Benitez - NO. Anyone Ferguson recommends because their Dad came from Govan - NO.

I want DiCanio. After the last two miserable seasons, we need some entertainment, both on and off the pitch.

Sorry, but with his history with the far right in Italy, Villa is really the last place for a man like that. Still agree he was a great personality though.

I notice that a lot of people are making a big deal about his political views but are they really that important? I get the impression that if he was a communist (far-left as opposed to far-right) nobody would care.

For the record, I don't want DiCanio nor do I agree with his views.

The need for a secularity (politics/football) in english football is a given, however will his views cloud his judgment and/or affect relationships with players.

Enlightenment..

Whoever we appoint, I hope the majority of, if not all, fans get behind him!

I'm naturally a very positive person, so I even found some comfort in the appointment of McLeish (possible defensive stability, man management, fluke a trophy :winkold:). But I just hope that the fans can get behind the new guy from the start!

We need to unite!

We need to come together after a dreadful year and get behind the new manager and his plans. Whether it's Lambert, Rodgers, Martinez..... Hoddle or whoever!

I just hope it isnt Lambert.

He is miserable, his football is one dimensional and there is something about him I dont like at all. Plus he wears a tracksuit, I dont like managers that do this. they should look like they are in charge instead of trying to look like one of the lads.(this is only a monor gripe of mine :lol: )

Hopefully Norwich will refuse permission to speak to him as he wont do anything special. I thinks its time we changed our football approach like Houllieer started to do, I would like to see Martinez or Brendan Rodgers over Paul Lambert any day of the week.

I have a feeling that Lerner may yet again suprise us and as a dark horse I dont think Lee Clark would be a bad bet at the bookies.

Are people saying lee Clark just because MM mentioned him in dispatches

If MM has said that then he probably is on the radar ...good.

He's young and will identify with our young squad and ...he's free, don't undersestimate that. The boss is a bit strapped for cash.

Lambert has a rolling contract so Norwich's hold over him only goes so far.

About 12 months? ;)

Har har. It depends. It might only renew on July 1st each year meaning it's currently 1.5 months. Or it could be like MON's where the end is always 1 year away.

Why would we have Lee Clark?? Spent loads at Huddersfield and could still not get them promoted. His unbeaten record was a sham with a big chunk of those games draws.

Got an awful feeling its going to be either curbishley or Mcdonald

With plop about to remove king kenny, then the competition for gettable managers is sterner

I think its highly unlikely our paths will cross in the pursuit of a manager to be honest. I think they will be setting their sights a little higher despite their supposed interest in AVB.

He's had 3 really excellent seasons. Just because they're not in the Prem doesn't mean they don't count.

Firstly, there's a difference between consecutive promotions from League 2 to the championship, and from League 1 to the premier league

So, anything that happens in League 2 doesn't count then. :D

Lambert has a rolling contract so Norwich's hold over him only goes so far.

About 12 months? ;)

Har har. It depends. It might only renew on July 1st each year meaning it's currently 1.5 months. Or it could be like MON's where the end is always 1 year away.

I'm not convinced Lambert would come given the choice. McCarthy and Bruce would though. (come on Lee Clark)

I just listened to Paul Faulkner on Five Live and to me he was talking about "long term" and wanting a manager to "build his squad" here.. think they are very much after a young manager for what he says is "stability"

He was asked would you get in a manager before the end of may and he said we don't want to put a timeframe on it but equally we don't want to be "hanging around"

One comment that did make me think hmm was when he said "we will get advice from people around us", not sure if that is a good thing or not judging from the past decisions.

With plop about to remove king kenny, then the competition for gettable managers is sterner

I think its highly unlikely our paths will cross in the pursuit of a manager to be honest. I think they will be setting their sights a little higher despite their supposed interest in AVB.

Not sure about that. Rumours of a joint interest in both martinez and lambert

I just listened to Paul Faulkner on Five Live and to me he was talking about "long term" and wanting a manager to "build his squad" here.. think they are very much after a young manager for what he says is "stability"

He was asked would you get in a manager before the end of may and he said we don't want to put a timeframe on it but equally we don't want to be "hanging around"

One comment that did make me think hmm was when he said "we will get advice from people around us", not sure if that is a good thing or not judging from the past decisions.

Pretty much the same crap he was coming out with last summer then.

He is miserable, his football is one dimensional and there is something about him I dont like at all. Plus he wears a tracksuit, I dont like managers that do this. they should look like they are in charge instead of trying to look like one of the lads.(this is only a monor gripe of mine :lol: )

Hopefully Norwich will refuse permission to speak to him as he wont do anything special. I thinks its time we changed our football approach like Houllieer started to do, I would like to see Martinez or Brendan Rodgers over Paul Lambert any day of the week.

I have a feeling that Lerner may yet again suprise us and as a dark horse I dont think Lee Clark would be a bad bet at the bookies.

Are you serious?? Have you actually seen Norwich play?

Are you serious?? Have you actually seen Norwich play?

I disagree wholeheartedly, I would welcome Lambert with open arms. It's funny how you contrast Lambert with managers like Martinez and Rodgers when all three deploy their teams to play a similar brand of football. If either of those three took the job I would be very satisfied.