General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

AVB not going to join Liverpool according to Guardian, not been approached.

Does not look like he has that many opportunities to join a club immediately, except us....

Nothing in Spain I can think of, not much in Italy either.... come on Randy!

My take on events:

1. Three young and "vibrant" targets were identified... AVB as an ambitious 1st choice , Martinez 2nd and OGS as a 3rd option. This ties in with MM's comments about having 3 targets that fit a certain type.

2. Liverpool sacked Daglish and appear to have the same top two targets as us. Lerner invites OGS over for an initial chat while watching the Liverpool situation.

3. TheTrees causes chaos in Norway and Villa fans start masturbating over a youtube video made for MUTV

4. Given the huge support for the appointment, Lerner decides we should probably just hire him instead of the other options. Meanwhile OGS decides this is all too much for him, so pulls himself out for his own sanity.

5. Liverpool decide not to interview AVB.

6. Villa appoint AVB as their new manager :D

Jesus H! Are we really blaming our, as yet fruitless manager search on where the club is based? Are we really bemoaning the fact that we've not got celebrity fans like West feckin' Ham? What utter nonsense.

For the record, I've never seen David Cameron, Tom Hanks and Prince William on the Holte End, so I don't give a sh*t if they say they support us or not

Can you imagine a Birmingham based film?

3 Men and a Balti?

I bought a vampire motorcycle starring Neil Morrissey and Michael Elphick!!

How could I forget???

And 'Boon' which was filmed in the city starring, erm, Neil Morrissey and Michael Elphick.

I was very surprised to read AVB was apparently not even approached for an interview at Liverpool...almost as surprised as seeing they have offered Van Gaal the role of sporting director...if that is the case I have a strong feeling they are going for Martinez...tactically he is pretty good, but his buying record is not the strongest, even given his resources, so I suppose AVB is still free if we are ambitious...then again I do not want to be labelled as being deluded. Hence, I say all this with heavy doubt.

AVB not going to join Liverpool according to Guardian, not been approached.

Does not look like he has that many opportunities to join a club immediately, except us....

Nothing in Spain I can think of, not much in Italy either.... come on Randy!

**** hell Randy get this guy! He wants a job with longevity that is us, we like managers that want to stick around for 4 or 5 years at least. If he's up for that and doesn't mind taking a slight pay cut from what he got at Chelsea he's welcome here..

Thinking logically there are reasons why AVB could be our man but there's no factual evidence supporting it. Not one whisper from any of the ITKs, unless they're all being tight-lipped about it of course. Can't see it myself.

My take on events:

1. Three young and "vibrant" targets were identified... AVB as an ambitious 1st choice , Martinez 2nd and OGS as a 3rd option. This ties in with MM's comments about having 3 targets that fit a certain type.

2. Liverpool sacked Daglish and appear to have the same top two targets as us. Lerner invites OGS over for an initial chat while watching the Liverpool situation.

3. TheTrees causes chaos in Norway and Villa fans start masturbating over a youtube video made for MUTV

4. Given the huge support for the appointment, Lerner decides we should probably just hire him instead of the other options. Meanwhile OGS decides this is all too much for him, so pulls himself out for his own sanity.

5. Liverpool decide not to interview AVB.

6. Villa appoint AVB as their new manager :D

YES YES :D good say it again!

I think Gus Poyet fits RL's criteria perfectly. Cheap and easy to get with potential. Cant imagine him turning Villa down either so no risk of being embarrassed yet again. IMO if we have no money we could do worse.

Jesus H! Are we really blaming our, as yet fruitless manager search on where the club is based? Are we really bemoaning the fact that we've not got celebrity fans like West feckin' Ham? What utter nonsense.

For the record, I've never seen David Cameron, Tom Hanks and Prince William on the Holte End, so I don't give a sh*t if they say they support us or not

Not in the slightest. Merely an observation on the perception of Birmingham in relation to other big cities. Nowt to do with our manager search so perhaps a tad :offtopic::flag:

I want Randy to interview AVB.. I don't care if AVB turns us down it is that kind of big club mentality we have been missing for seasons.

You look at Liverpool and yes they have had more success in the last 10 years, but they are still about the same size club as us yet they get managers like Houllier and Benitez sure not so hot these days, but they got them when they were in their prime.. They now get linked with AVB and they would probably be linked with Mourinho if he hadn't signed a new deal. We can be like that and it only takes the signing of one big name manager and the profile of your club raises considerably.

Thinking logically there are reasons why AVB could be our man but there's no factual evidence supporting it. Not one whisper from any of the ITKs, unless they're all being tight-lipped about it of course. Can't see it myself.

Did MM say that he didn't know who the candidates were, except they all fitted the bill? Not saying AVB is one, but it seems that our ITK's know very little.

As AVB is without a club, I guess there are no opposing ITK's to confer with.

Add to the lack of compensation needed to be paid out, perhaps there is more money that can be offered to the chap. He's already been paid the chunk of his Chelsea contract, so it's double bubble for him.

Yes. It all fits now. Get him I Randy!! (I wish) :lol:

:detect:

He would fit the Villa mould more than the Liverpool one. I don't think he's combative/belligerent enough for the scousers. His demeanour isn't that far removed from Roy Hodgson's.

from the Independent article on Liverpool not pursuing AVB...

The list of possible successors to Dalglish still includes Wigan Athletic's Roberto Martinez, who is on holiday in the Caribbean, and there is also the prospect of Fenway Sports Group going back to Brendan Rodgers of Swansea City

could this tie in with thetrees' Barbados post yesterday? :detect: