General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Can you imagine a Birmingham based film?

3 Men and a Balti?

I bought a vampire motorcycle starring Neil Morrissey and Michael Elphick!!

How could I forget???

And 'Boon' which was filmed in the city starring, erm, Neil Morrissey and Michael Elphick.

and Take Me High

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070194/

Cliff Richard inventing the Brumburger.

On topic, I'd like Poyet if we want young and untested

AVB not going to join Liverpool according to Guardian, not been approached.

Does not look like he has that many opportunities to join a club immediately, except us....

Nothing in Spain I can think of, not much in Italy either.... come on Randy!

I've had it on semi-decent authority that he's been lined up for Inter, not that I'm ITK though.

Just couldnt see him coming here, would be a big step down for him at the end of the day

Can you imagine a Birmingham based film?

3 Men and a Balti?

I bought a vampire motorcycle starring Neil Morrissey and Michael Elphick!!

How could I forget???

And 'Boon' which was filmed in the city starring, erm, Neil Morrissey and Michael Elphick.

and Take Me High

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070194/

Cliff Richard inventing the Brumburger.

I'd like Poyet if we want young and untested for the remake

A film set in Birmingham starring Gus Poyet and a burger sounds ace! :lol:

Does not look like he has that many opportunities to join a club immediately, except us....

I've had it on semi-decent authority that he's been lined up for Inter, not that I'm ITK though.

Just couldnt see him coming here, would be a big step down for him at the end of the day

Probably the most likely outcome. Depends how much his reputation was damaged by the season at Chelsea. Seeing an average manager like RDM take over from him and win two cups doesn't look good for anyone...

It's interesting that Liverpool aren't even considering him. Possibly that he wont want to work under Van Gaal?

The best Liverpool ITK I know (got Downings move down to when leaked stories would appear in the press - knew more than Kendrick) has posted that AVB had an interview with LFC owners whilst they were in London for the FA Cup final.

If he says that happened - it happened. Thats how much I trust him and how right he has always been proved with the few bits of info he has passed on.

Not one journalist in the country, besides possibly Tony Barrett and Chris Bascombe (big ifs though) have a sniff what goes on at LFC since the new lot came in. They work very hard to keep the ship locked down and the only stuff that gets out is stuff they leak - like Dalglish being sacked/Kit deal with Warrior (genrally positive stuff that makes them look good). They won't have a clue bout AVB or Martinez - we only know about Martinez becaue of Dave Whelans big mouth.

AVB is still the favourite for the LFC job and is desperate for it to settle some scores. If he took the Villa job I'b be beyond shocked based on what we know.

Only thought it was fair to share (wouldn't usually post up here) since the AVB to Villa posts where gathering pace.

FWIW, I think you have a much greater chance with Martinez from what we've been told and he may even prefer the Villa job to the Liverpool job.

Probably the most likely outcome. Depends how much his reputation was damaged by the season at Chelsea. Seeing an average manager like RDM take over from him and win two cups doesn't look good for anyone...

It's interesting that Liverpool aren't even considering him. Possibly that he wont want to work under Van Gaal?

I don't know where the Guardian is getting this from as he has already had an initial interview according to all the people linked to LFC worth their salt. He is meant to be having more talks next week or lst thing this week.

My take on events:

1. Three young and "vibrant" targets were identified... AVB as an ambitious 1st choice , Martinez 2nd and OGS as a 3rd option. This ties in with MM's comments about having 3 targets that fit a certain type.

2. Liverpool sacked Daglish and appear to have the same top two targets as us. Lerner invites OGS over for an initial chat while watching the Liverpool situation.

3. TheTrees causes chaos in Norway and Villa fans start masturbating over a youtube video made for MUTV

4. Given the huge support for the appointment, Lerner decides we should probably just hire him instead of the other options. Meanwhile OGS decides this is all too much for him, so pulls himself out for his own sanity.

5. Liverpool decide not to interview AVB.

6. Villa appoint AVB as their new manager :D

Bravo!

I'd support this.

I'm so sure of two things, you could call me ITK

1. whoever is appointed will have several regular posters to this site that hate the appointment, decree that RL is completely incompetent, and cancel their season tickets.

2. whoever RL interviews will not get picked up by RL's private jet. Nor will RL fly directly to where the applicant is known to be. This could be known as the "anti-Trees" policy.

do people think that twitter, villatalk and similar sites are damaging the management selection process?

perhaps its just because i am a villa fan, but the amount of coverage on lambert / OGS and others perceived to be in the villa frame seems disproportionately higher than other clubs looking for managers, such as liverpool and in particular, west brom.

i can't help the sense that ole-gate blew up into the fiasco that it was because of the amount of traffic that villa fans generated on here and elsewhere upon the siting of RL's get in norway...

the process of appointing a manager takes time - both ole and lambert have had to distance themselves from the role before they even have a role to consider.

not sure what the fix is, but do feel some sympathy for the club in that they find themselves increasingly in an almost impossible possible

do people think that twitter, villatalk and similar sites are damaging the management selection process?

perhaps its just because i am a villa fan, but the amount of coverage on lambert / OGS and others perceived to be in the villa frame seems disproportionately higher than other clubs looking for managers, such as liverpool and in particular, west brom.

Its because we are a more important club than Liverpool or West Brom. Obviously.

:flag:

Im going to put my reputation of 'villatalk legend' on the line here and say....

I wouldnt mind Ian Holloway...

Given your reputation, you're not risking much.

:lol:

...and even that is now lost :twisted:

But seriously, I don't think Holloway is a bad manager, but if you publicly disrespect the club (as he did during the Adam saga) you have burnt that bridge, imo.

Still think this will be either Martinez, Lambert or Poyet.

I like what Martinez brings and whatever we say, the club currently needs root and branch change. We have said that all season and Martinez could do that.

Lambert offers something different, he is a student of the game and a winner. His football will not be as pleasing on the eye, but he will try to go out and win games.

Poyet is the dark horse for me. Very talented manager in the lower leagues, his teams play with a touch of South American flair and I think he should bring Steve Clarke with him who is highly regarded as a coach in the game and also experienced with top players at Chelsea and Liverpool. I think that together, these two would offer a very strong team. Poyet also offers the "OGS" factor of a young manager with a touch of the unknown about him.