General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

It's not going to be AVB, let's be real here lads.

Even if we did somehow manage to get him, his tactics would be a nightmare with our squad. He tried to play a very high defensive line at Chelsea and it failed big time. If his tactical defending failed to work with players like Terry, Cole and Ivanovic can you imagine the chaos it would cause in our back line with dodgy **** like Hutton and Warnock. We can't defend as it is, nevermind playing a high defensive line as well. The other team break and we have Richard Dunne trying to run back and catch a pacey striker that has been given free roam of our half. No thanks. His man management skills also seemed poor. Quite a few Chelsea players have been critical of his ways. If he couldn't get the best out of a squad like that then he'd have no chance here!

I hope that they hurry up and appoint someone though. The longer it drags on, the more worried I'll get thinking that we'll end up with someone shit again. I haven't renewed my season ticket yet because these last two seasons have really stressed me out and I can't be doing with paying all this money for two season tickets if we have another shit manager in charge that I will struggle to get behind. Cue the "I'll still be there no matter who the manager is" brigade. Save it! I've been going down there every season for over 20 years. If they are going to keep appointing shit managers then they don't deserve my hard earned money anymore.

It's not going to be AVB, let's be real here lads.

Even if we did somehow manage to get him, his tactics would be a nightmare with our squad. He tried to play a very high defensive line at Chelsea and it failed big time. If his tactical defending failed to work with players like Terry, Cole and Ivanovic can you imagine the chaos it would cause in our back line with dodgy **** like Hutton and Warnock. We can't defend as it is, nevermind playing a high defensive line as well. The other team break and we have Richard Dunne trying to run back and catch a pacey striker that has been given free roam of our half. No thanks. His man management skills also seemed poor. Quite a few Chelsea players have been critical of his ways. If he couldn't get the best out of a squad like that then he'd have no chance here!

I hope that they hurry up and appoint someone though. The longer it drags on, the more worried I'll get thinking that we'll end up with someone shit again. I haven't renewed my season ticket yet because these last two seasons have really stressed me out and I can't be doing with paying all this money for two season tickets if we have another shit manager in charge that I will struggle to get behind. Cue the "I'll still be there no matter who the manager is" brigade. Save it! I've been going down there every season for over 20 years. If they are going to keep appointing shit managers then they don't deserve my hard earned money anymore.

I would say his high line didnt work because of Terry and Ivanovic!

With Luiz, Cahill and Cole he had recovery pace if the trap was sprung, with Terry and his immobility, they were done for if anyone broke it.

I want a manager who has played the game been a success touched trophies

Not some translator with a digital watch

Mourinho, Wenger, Sven, AVB, Rafa and Sacchi all ruled out then

Sven ha ha that's a joke yes

The guy did ok at Lazio 10 years ago for sure

But did you see how much money he spent to get that success

Chequebook manager

Sven ha ha that's a joke yes

The guy did ok at Lazio 10 years ago for sure

But did you see how much money he spent to get that success

Chequebook manager

I'd take Sven

Club managerial honoursDegerfors IF

Division Three Västra Svealand Champions 1978

IFK Göteborg

Allsvenskan Champions 1982

Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982

UEFA Cup Winners 1982

Benfica

Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991

Cup of Portugal Winners 1983

SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989

European Cup Runners Up 1990

UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983

Roma

Coppa Italia Winners 1986

Sampdoria

Coppa Italia Winners 1994

Lazio

Serie A Champions 2000

Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000

Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999

UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999

UEFA Cup Runners Up 1998

England

FA Summer Tournament Winners 2004

Plus he's the only person to get any kind of form out of the England side in recent years.

You forgot to list his achievements at Notts County and Leicester

Oh wait....

If you insist

On 19 August, Manchester City beat league champions Manchester United to go top of the Premier League after three games without conceding a goal. Eriksson received the Premier League's Manager of the Month award for August.

Eriksson became the first Manchester City manager since 1969–70 to win both league derby games against Manchester United and also achieved the club's joint highest Premier League point total, 55.

He wasn't the manager at county but still

County's large debts, including an unpaid tax bill, emerged in November 2009.[19] On 11 February 2010, Eriksson resigned as Director of Football following the club's takeover by former Lincoln City chairman Ray Trew.[20] Eriksson waived a multi-million payoff in order to assist the takeover, Trew describing Eriksson as an "absolute gentleman". Notts County went up as League 2 Champions at the end of the season.[19]

We did Play some good football under gregory.

Yes, i know, i have ran out of ideas!

Ha! To be honest I'd rather have Gregory back than see us appoint some of the names that are being linked. Not to mention that he's passionate about Villa! For the record though, I'm not endorsing that we give him the job. I'm just saying that we could do a lot worse, again!

You forgot to list his achievements at Notts County and Leicester

Oh wait....

I have met the guy on a couple of occasions. I find it hard to see how he motivated anyone but he does have an aura. However he is not for this decade!

Little known fact....at notts county he was the first to arrive at the training ground and the last to leave. Also hardly took a penny out of the club as when the players were not getting paid he sacrificed his own wages so effectively worked for free.

Good guy.