General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I only have one criteria .... I want to watch entertaining football again at VP.

I would rather we win lol.. Look at chelsea this year they have played shit football and won the CL. I just want a manager that is not afraid to go attacking!

I haven't enjoyed watching football at Villa Park since half way through Mon's time as manager. It's been second rate football with a huge amount of boredom and very little entertainment.

I'm an old codger now and it's a long time since 1982 and even the heady days of the "Big Ron" bandwagon. I don't expect us to win titles or cups, I just want to enjoy the whole match day experience again. UTV!!!!

Walter Mazzarri is good, sure i read he is leaving napoli.

Trust me, you do not want him. His only trademark is 3-4-3, this formation is too dangerous for the PL. Negatives are tactical inept in different formations, dislikes youngsters, fields only the same XI, buys hasbeens and Napoli fans do not rate him highly at all.

Wouldn't mind Lorenzo Insigne here.

We've approached FSW, as I mentioned the other day. I still don't think he'd come, I'm not a huge fan of his...but it'd be HUGE because that would mean RL is ready to spend the $$$ and back a manager to get us back towards Europe.

Excuse the ignorance but who is FSW? I'm racking my brains and can't work it out

I think Lerner is baout to make another monumental cock up and appoint somebody who nobody really wants again.

Its not OGS fans choice

Its not going to be Lambert,Martinez,Rodgers,AVB

Poyet? maybe. probably the best of he rest

I have the feeling its going to be more along the lines of Lee Clarke or Simon Grayson and Im not sure about these two, especially the latter.

I know it shouldnt, but the thought of Mick McCarthy still terrifies me. Randy wouldnt would he. Maybe he will be left with no choice:?

I can't see it. Why would they turn down OGS for someone like Grayson?

We dont know the ins and outs of why OGS was turned down. If you look at Lerners record of appointing managers nothing is certain. How on Earth he ever arrived at McLeish last year I will never ever know. For that reason alone I would not rule anything out.

I think there is more to the OGS story, I dont think the Villa job is very attactive at all and I think Lerner will have problems. I still think we have to sell to buy, our squad is very weak and I think we are in really big trouble.

I just dont trust Lerner and I think he is a terrible chairman/owner

We've approached FSW, as I mentioned the other day. I still don't think he'd come, I'm not a huge fan of his...but it'd be HUGE because that would mean RL is ready to spend the $$$ and back a manager to get us back towards Europe.

Excuse the ignorance but who is FSW? I'm racking my brains and can't work it out

Rafa Benitez = Fat Spanish Waiter

Fat Spanish Waiter

Benitez

I think Lerner is baout to make another monumental cock up and appoint somebody who nobody really wants again.

Its not OGS fans choice

Its not going to be Lambert,Martinez,Rodgers,AVB

Poyet? maybe. probably the best of he rest

I have the feeling its going to be more along the lines of Lee Clarke or Simon Grayson and Im not sure about these two, especially the latter.

I know it shouldnt, but the thought of Mick McCarthy still terrifies me. Randy wouldnt would he. Maybe he will be left with no choice:?

I can't see it. Why would they turn down OGS for someone like Grayson?

They didn`t turn down OGS, he withdrew himself from the process for his own reasons.

Rafa Benitez = Fat Spanish Waiter

Haha **** how did I miss that. Not sure he'd be a good fit tbh

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Andre Villas-Boas' agent says he will only return to management with a club that has a clear vision for their future.

So thats AVB ruling himself out of the job then..

No it isn't.. How do you know what Lerner is saying to potential candidates? He could very easily be outlining key criteria with another 5 year plan so to speak. It may actually impress him and many big names that a club that has finished poorly the last two seasons is doing all they can to turn things around, that shows ambition and the big managers want to see that.

Surely he doesn't fit the young factor

Not sure about him ..has won alot make no mistake but failed at Inter and not worked since.Don't remember his football at Liverpool being too good either.

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Andre Villas-Boas' agent says he will only return to management with a club that has a clear vision for their future.

So thats AVB ruling himself out of the job then..

If Randy decides it's time to start over with the 5 year plan with a lot of funds for the new manager, then I don't see why AVB won't at least consider it. But he wont so...

mick-mccarthy.gif