General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Ideally Roberto Di Matteo would be my man - anybody who can beat Barca over 2 legs is good enough for me.

He should be available in a weeks time.

Assistant manager of Butch Wilkins - who has experience and contacts galore

I wouldn't want KMac in control of the first team again, that 6-0 defeat away at Newcastle just proved the guy was totally out of his depth, jeez I still have nightmares about it now..

I was there that day and it was without a doubt the lowest I have felt at a Villa game aside from the Doncaster debacle under DOL.

However, he did well against West Ham (Milner inspired :() and away at Vienna. I don't want him in long term but I would have most definitely let him take us through to the end of the season after the Bolton game.

Steve Clarke anyone?

Not sure, strikes me as a good nr 2

I think Id prefer him to a lot of number ones to be honest. Seems a very good number 2. Surely we would appeal to him, only worry would be its a big jump stepping out from behind someones shadow.

KMac does not just have connections to the club, he is Mr Aston Villa as is Sid

If the strategy going forward is all about organic growth, I see no better choice

If randy is about to splurge another shed load of dough, maybe someone else

Of the championship type managers that keep being mentioned, Poyet is the only one I'd consider at this juncture

By tomorrow it will be Dennis Wise, or someone with an exotic name.

I was talking to a fellow Villa fan at work yesterday and he came up with a valid point that no matter who the new manager is (IF McLeish is sacked) then they already have a significant advantage at the start of their Villa tenure in that they are not Alex McLeish.

If Di Matteo is not wanted by Chelsea then go for him, he is out of contract in June - No compensation.

No. He's done well at Chelsea (in the cups, not the league) but he was shite at West Brom in the prem.

He really wasn't.

If Di Matteo is not wanted by Chelsea then go for him, he is out of contract in June - No compensation.

No. He's done well at Chelsea (in the cups, not the league) but he was shite at West Brom in the prem.

He really wasn't.

he's also done rather well with chelsea in the league all things considered