Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I'm as nervous as smetrov. Until we get Lambert, there is always the chance we will screw it all up.

We didn't screw it up with McLeish last Summer!

:winkold:

(Sorry BOF couldn't resist!)

Actually we did. We screwed it up by actually getting him :lol::(

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Micky Quinn never fails to wind me up. Such an end of a bell.

What's that bloated scouser said now.

The usual we're not a big club drivel he's basing his thoughts on our attendances last year and our league position. I wonder if that's why we are maybe looking for a new manager?

He said we were the biggest moaners in football!

I also say that tbf.

I wouldn't panic on the Lambert situation, keep the faith.

Any idea on how long til an announcement on Lambert, Richard?

I like straight questions, so let me give you a straight answer, no idea !

Just believe is all I will say

I like it. Lord Trickie...I like it ;o)

We are the biggest moaners in football according to Mickey Quim. And I am the biggest moaner at Villa according to you lot, ergo I am the biggest moaner in football! Nice one.

Smetrov, you really are a melodramatic bedwetting eejit.

Why because I don't beleive we will get Lambert ?

Hes been my number 1 choice. But Faulkner/Randy have demonstrated an inability to close done deals in the past. - have they not ?

Such as?

If Lerner **** this up and doesn't deliver my Lambo No 5 ill destroy him

Actually if we didn't get him - I would console myself about never hearing that song !!

Once you hear me singing it in the holte next season with the megaphone and hear how catchy it is you will not be able to resist

Smetrov, you really are a melodramatic bedwetting eejit.

Why because I don't beleive we will get Lambert ?

Hes been my number 1 choice. But Faulkner/Randy have demonstrated an inability to close done deals in the past. - have they not ?

I would interested to know what these 'done deals' were

I don't know why people are knocking the playing style of Lambert's teams. He tries to win games and surely that's what counts? I am sick of watching us play out bore draws so we might get to watch some goalfests with him in charge.

I watched the Arsenal v Norwich game at the end of last season. Arsenal were playing their last game of the season in front of their own fans and chasing a 3rd place finish were 3-2 up with minutes to go and back came Norwich to grab an equaliser. That alone tells me he can motivate his players because most teams - Villa in the cup anyone? - would have capitulated and not got back into such a meaningless game.

In that game, Norwich had nothing to play for but the away fans and pride, yet they got a late draw out of it. As long as he can get us playing with that much spirit I will be a much happier Villa fan.

We are the biggest moaners in football according to Mickey Quim. And I am the biggest moaner at Villa according to you lot, ergo I am the biggest moaner in football! Nice one.

If the cap fits........ :lol:

If the cap fits........ :lol:

Sorry Richard not trying to emphasise my point, just the vagaries of rubbishy Explorer