Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

He was refused permission to talk to you last night, no agreement was made previously to allow this.

Yes, you may have a top manager, but you won't rest easily, he walks out on everyone....including his wife!

I thank him for what he's done here but I'm sure you'll understand when I say I hope he imploads with you.

Bitter? Moi?

You've been very vocal about how he absolutely positively wouldn't join us, so I understand your frustration and sense of loss (if this actually goes through of course - it's not beyond us to make a balls of it, even at this late stage ;) )

But, when the dust settles, maybe there is some consolation in the fact that he achieved his objectives with you. Probably 90% of managers don't do that. Had Martin O'Neill came in, gave us 3/4 good years that ultimately resulted in CL qualification and then moved on to a bigger job, after the initial disappointment had subsided, most would have been grateful for the job he had done. And understood his reasons for leaving.

When you were in League One, a return to the topflight would have seemed like a pipedream. Yet you've done it- in double quick time, too. Even if you struggle next season and ultimately go down, you will be in better shape financially to come straight back up. A decent appointment like Poyet or (much as I dislike him) Holloway could see you build on the solid foundations already in place and defy the odds once again to stay up.

I think most neutrals (incl Villa fans) would like to see that.

Cheers mate, good post, give me 24 hrs and I'll be a lot happier, its just a little raw atm.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Culverhouse not a former Norwich player though?

yeh, he played over 300 games for them, was in the team that beat Inter I think in the 90s...

So not a given he'll move.

Culverhouse was named Colchester United assistant manager under Paul Lambert. Culverhouse, Lambert and 'football operations manager' Gary Karsa all resigned from Colchester to take up positions at Norwich City on 17 August 2009.

Help me out here guys

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is LAMBO NUMBER FIVE

One, two, three, four, five, everybody in the car so come on let's ride.....

To the Villa round the corner.

McLeish say he want some Hoof Ball but I really don't wanna.

Scoutin like I had done last week.

We mustn't play deep cause talk is cheap.

I like Given, Gabby, Sandro and Lita.

And as I continue, you know they're getting sweeter.

So what can I do? I really beg you milord.

To me football is just like a sport.

Sometimes direct, it's all good let me lump it.

Please set it in the trumpet.

A little bit of Gardner in my life,

A little bit of Gabby by my side.

A little bit of Weimann's all I need,

A little bit of Dunnies all I see.

A little bit of Stevens in the sun,

A little bit of ireland all night long.

A little bit of Given here I am,

A little bit of you makes me your man!!!!!!!!

Lambo number five!

Jump up and down and move it all around.

Shake your head to the sound, put your hands on the ground.

Take one step left and one step right.

One to the front and one to the side.

Clap your hands once and clap your hands twice

And if it looks like this then were playing alright.

A little bit of Given here I am

Trumpet, the trumpet.

Lambo number five, ha, ha, ha.

A little bit of Given here I am,

I do all to fall in love with a fans like you.

Cause you can't run and you can't hide.

You and me gonna be on sky.

Lambo number five!

yeh, he played over 300 games for them, was in the team that beat Inter I think in the 90s...

That should actually be a genuine concern.

There was talk at one stage about us going the Director of Football/ Technical Director route, with a young coach working under them.

From what I understand, PL (like MON and GH) effectively IS the DoF, he leaves the training and such like to others and oversees the whole operation.

Culverhouse doesn't just lay out the cones, he is crucial re coaching, tactics, defensive set up and so forth.

We struggled when GH didn't get his first or second choice coaches, and if Culverhouse feels a greater sense of loyalty to Norwich than he does to PL (or if he's offered the top job) that could be a problem for us.

Reaction from Norwich fans is priceless!

I thought wiz was confident he would leave Norwich *facepalm*

I was, I really trusted the man.........maybe there's a lesson for you in there.

Sorry mate, but the lesson is yours. We've already learned it. As I said yesterday when you were going on about experience.

No gloating though. It's just "the game".

Help me out here guys

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is LAMBO NUMBER FIVE

Too soon. A week ago we were writing Solskaer songs.

This is Villa, remember. HASOTH.

Reaction from Norwich fans is priceless!

I thought wiz was confident he would leave Norwich *facepalm*

I was, I really trusted the man.........maybe there's a lesson for you in there.

'Don't listen to wiz'?

That should actually be a genuine concern.

There was talk at one stage about us going the Director of Football/ Technical Director route, with a young coach working under them.

From what I understand, PL (like MON and GH) effectively IS the DoF, he leaves the training and such like to others and oversees the whole operation.

Culverhouse doesn't just lay out the cones, he is crucial re coaching, tactics, defensive set up and so forth.

We struggled when GH didn't get his first or second choice coaches, and if Culverhouse feels a greater sense of loyalty to Norwich than he does to PL (or if he's offered the top job) that could be a problem for us.

I think Culverhouse will come with Lambert. I mean there is no way he can guarantee that whoever Norwich bring in will keep him.. These days managers have teams and unless they have a falling out they travel to every club together. With Houllier it was different as he had been out of management for a while so he had no team as they had all moved on, he was essentially building from scratch.. Lambert won't have to and I am sure Culverhouse will understand that joining Villa with him is the next logical path in his career.

Guardian reporting that Martinez is now back in the frame for the Villa job.
Whaaaa? While he's an option I doubt he's being considered. We already have a Lambo song, there's no going back!