Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skysports via twitter - are now saying that Lambert hasn't left Norwich ........

Ah well nice while it lasted ......Randy and Faulkner strike again.....

Stop jumping the gun. Just because he hasn't left does not mean he isn't coming.

No but this all come from Sky saying villa will move for Lambert - now that Martinez is staying at Wigan. Flimsy foundations.

Lerner will be back on his jet tommorow - giving Norwich breathing space to persuade Lambert to stay - ala OGS.

Lerner will be back on his jet tommorow - giving Norwich breathing space to persuade Lambert to stay - ala OGS

Oh for goodness sake... the sky reporter is outside Carrow Road saying the opposite!!

As usual these matters are far more advance than would appear.

Given the rumour this morning was that he had quit norwich - I think the opposite is true - Things aren't as advanced as they seem(ed)

As usual these matters are far more advance than would appear.

Especially when the name of the replacement for Lambert is named on Sky - who's standing outside the door of Carrow Road.

Norwich I would imagine are going to have to be very careful with what they put out officially over this Lambert situation as well.

Smetrov, you really are a melodramatic bedwetting eejit.

Why because I don't beleive we will get Lambert ?

Hes been my number 1 choice. But Faulkner/Randy have demonstrated an inability to close done deals in the past. - have they not ?

Smetrov, you really are a melodramatic bedwetting eejit.

Why because I don't beleive we will get Lambert ?

Hes been my number 1 choice. But Faulkner/Randy have demonstrated an inability to close done deals in the past. - have they not ?

Sadly agree to this. Wont be singing until it is all done and dusted - and still not really convinced that Lambert has walked.

Especially when the name of the replacement for Lambert is named on Sky - who's standing outside the door of Carrow Road.

I don't have Sky,who is the named replacement?

Norwich I would imagine are going to have to be very careful with what they put out officially over this Lambert situation as well.

Agreed,but if he has indeed quit I would expect some form of confirmation soon...would seem natural with a statement he hasn't quit too,if that's the case.

Just to back up the Sky reporter outside Norwich, Sky are now running the Shay report

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7788573/Given-would-welcome-Lambert

Shay Given believes Paul Lambert would be 'a great appointment' for Aston Villa were he to be handed the club's managerial reins.

It is understood that Lambert's representatives are meeting with Villa Park officials on Thursday to discuss their vacant post.

Numerous names have been linked with the role in the wake of Alex McLeish's dismissal at the end of a forgettable 2011/12 campaign, but Lambert is considered to be the leading candidate.

He is currently in charge of Norwich, a side he has guided to back-to-back promotions and cemented in the Premier League during his time at Carrow Road.

The Scot has made no secret of his ambition and Villa hope they can convince him to take on the challenge of turning their fortunes around.

Targets

Given would like to see Lambert at the helm by the time he returns from Euro 2012 duty with the Republic of Ireland, with the experienced keeper urging his domestic employers to make an appointment as quickly as possible.

"If that's the case - I have no idea because I'm stuck in Italy somewhere and don't know what's going on at Aston Villa - but if Paul was to come in, it would be a great appointment because he's a fantastic manager," Given told Sky Sports News HD.

"At every club he's been at he's been going up all the time so, hopefully if they can get that done today, it would be great news for the club.

"The sooner the manager is in place for next season the better because there will be targets and players he wants to get in himself. The sooner that's done the better. "

What did the SSN guy at Carrow Road say? I'm not on Sky.

Talked about contract situation & the 12mnth rolling bit - so Villa wouldnt' need to pay as much compensation as with Liverpool & Brendan Rodgers...

Mentioned heated words last night...he might have resigned but they're not sure...

However he confirmed Villa are talking to PL's representatives about him taking over the managerial job etc etc

AND said IF indeed Lambert has now left the club & is Villa bound then Norwich have a replacement they want to bring in ie Malky Mackay

I'm as nervous as smetrov. Until we get Lambert, there is always the chance we will screw it all up.

We didn't screw it up with McLeish last Summer!

:winkold:

(Sorry BOF couldn't resist!)

I wouldn't panic on the Lambert situation, keep the faith.

Any idea on how long til an announcement on Lambert, Richard?

I like straight questions, so let me give you a straight answer, no idea !

Just believe is all I will say