Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

SunSport Now ‏@SunSportNow

Norwich City due to release club statement on Paul Lambert shortly. #ncfc

It says they are refusing to accept Lambert's 'Offer of Resignation' while he is talking to another club. Presumably this means they want compensation. Fair enough.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just means there'll be compensation involved.

Oh well there's goes another page in Randy's cheque book!.

Rumours off twitter(pinch of salt) is he'll be given £30M + player sales to spend on transfers this summer.

Has a good reputation for picking up decent players from the Championship etc as well, so hope he spends it wisely.

the main thing is lamberts coming!!!!!!!!!! for them to release the statement and for them to confirm he is talking to another club this can only be psoitive? surely they cant mess this up!

IF he's genuine .......

@INCOGNITOAVFC

Like I said last night,he hadn't resigned. It was all brewing. It is imminent though. Can I just stress, Lambert 'IS' RL's No1 Choice.

The thing is that the press have never realised is that Lerner will always spend money on the fees, it is the wages that are the problem. Just last year for example we were skint according to people yet we spent 10mil on N'Zog.

As long the players we buy are on relatively cheap wages then the transfer fees won't be a problem.

Which translates as;

Thanks Paul, goodbye, we are not accepting your resignation as we want compensation!

EXACTLY .......which TBF is what the SSN reporter said about 45mins ago standing outside Carrow Road.

Only now it's been confirmed in the official statement.

The statement to me is

1. We want compensation (Fair enough imo)

2.If you change your mind theres still a job for you at Norwich.

Lets hope hes been sounded out, and money for players + his salary are as he expects\hopes - those can be the only obstacles - fingers crossed - but not getting my hopes up just yet !