Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea don't care about FFP it seems.. I doubt City will either.

Will they ban these two clubs (and potentially others)? I don't see it.

I don't either, Man City effectively sponsoring themselves has found a loophole. Whats stopping the owner giving a gift, its such a shoddy rule it's untrue.

Yeah it's a huge loophole, but it's one that means owners who are pumping money into clubs have to accept it is not increasing the value of their investment, and its not putting the club into debt.

Accounting treatment matters greatly and whilst it looks like a massive fudge, it does represent a quantum shift in how the owners of football clubs are expected to finance them.

Not expecting miracles from the lad but with a decent transfer budget (£20m plus sales) he could get us back to at least a top 10 finish. Needs to offload the alleged troublemakers and passangers.

If he can keep Given, Bent, Ireland and Nzog and build his team around them I can see some exciting times ahead.

Can we have one link about the "troublemakers", please. What happend? :|

here

and here

probably more but can't be arsed to search.

Thanks for the links! But I thought it was trouble in the dressing room or on the training ground, not a few drunk episodes

Please. No more fecking Twitter.

:thumb:

You pair are like the new Statler & Waldorf (After Richard's conversion) regarding the modern way people find out what's going on.

GET WITH IT!!!

"Find out what's going on?"

Do me a favour.

The chances of picking out the odd infinitesimal fragment of truth out of the babbling mass of delusional hot air that is the twattosphere are hardly worth considering.

You may as well listen to random blokes in supermarket queues. Oh wait.

Or Read the Email List ;)

JulieB, please keep posting twitter updates. I.e. I do not have a time to seek all the sources to follow them. Last night I was not able to find INCOGNITO AVFC on twitter to follow him/her/it :)

Thanks

Yep keep posting them, its like a well filtered window into twitter :-). I (and probably many others) dont have time to/dont want to/cant be arsed to go search for, find, add and have all those updates to read.

... Hopefully we will be welcoming PL very soon :-)

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

If there is a specific star Lambo badly wants for #AVFC, told Lerner would raid his personal piggy bank but ideally wants PL to wheel & deal

Yeah 'cos wheeling and dealing get's you right up the old Premier League. More money = more success :oops:

We`re not going to win the premier league. We have to focus on being sustainable and competeing in the top 8.

Wheeling and dealing is the reality for most clubs in the country apart from 3-4.

Not expecting miracles from the lad but with a decent transfer budget (£20m plus sales) he could get us back to at least a top 10 finish. Needs to offload the alleged troublemakers and passangers.

If he can keep Given, Bent, Ireland and Nzog and build his team around them I can see some exciting times ahead.

Can we have one link about the "troublemakers", please. What happend? :|

here

and here

probably more but can't be arsed to search.

Thanks for the links! But I thought it was trouble in the dressing room or on the training ground, not a few drunk episodes

Think the trouble in the dressing room has been implied without any proof. Hence why I included the word alleged in the original post.

Please. No more fecking Twitter.

:thumb:

You pair are like the new Statler & Waldorf (After Richard's conversion) regarding the modern way people find out what's going on.

GET WITH IT!!!

"Find out what's going on?"

Do me a favour.

The chances of picking out the odd infinitesimal fragment of truth out of the babbling mass of delusional hot air that is the twattosphere are hardly worth considering.

You may as well listen to random blokes in supermarket queues. Oh wait.

Or Read the Email List ;)

:suspect::detect:

Last night I was not able to find INCOGNITO AVFC on twitter to follow him/her/it :)

Thanks

Oh, REALLY?? Just click here!! :D
Thanks briny, my twitter search button just took the bad-day-in-the-office last night. It was weird, last chance - I had to wait for someone who retweets one of his/her tweet and only after that, I was able to add incognito to follow him/her. Strange.

Well that's VT for you ...posters trying to find out what's going comparing & sharing ITK via PM & DM on twitter.

And then you try and share some of that info on VT....and keep people updated with the newsfeeds and STILL they moan cos there's not too much

to moan about with their football club!

:bang:

You were asking me to specifically post from twitter yesterday, Pilchard! Shall I find your post?

I hate to break it to you, but I was taking the piss.

Yes I re-read your post. I'd noticed only the first line.

Bunch of moaners on here. Welcome Paul...right this is what you need to do...

Get Makoun, Delph and Ireland playing.

Get rid of Dunne, Collins, Warnock,

Bring in a GK. LB, CB, CB, RM, DM, CM, ST

Get us playing dynamic football and finish top 10.

Easy right?

Well that's VT for you ...posters trying to find out what's going comparing & sharing ITK via PM & DM on twitter.

And then you try and share some of that info on VT....and keep people updated with the newsfeeds and STILL they moan cos there's not too much

to moan about with their football club!

Keep them coming Julie, I read them! Twitter is just as reliable as Sky Sports or any other media outlet. Infact it's where most of them get their info. :D