Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I think the board would be absolutely stupid to sell Bent. Can't see it. Well, can't see anyone even buying him to be honest.

Gabby on the other hand I can see being sold. The wages he's on for the ability he has is crazy.

Gabby is way overpaid. you could add dunne,warnock,collins and ireland to that list too. i would be happy to see all of that lot of the wage bill to be honest.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree on Ireland as well. He's not a bad player but I'm not sure he's worth the wages.

he has had about 15 good games since he has been here. certainly not value for money and has nowhere near replaced milner

Big question is if we go 4-4-2 where does that leave Ireland and Makoun you cannot play then as a 2.
Apparently Lambert changes his formation a lot so I don't think we'll have a set formation.

Talk of players and wages is priceless for me - just means I can pay, for the first time in 3 seasons - for my home shirt and worry about the Euros rather than being scared shitless about who the club are going to appoint as our next manager. Ah, the relief! (PS. Faulkner, if you **** this up I'm coming round yours!)

Good stuff KA. Particularly about never sitting back on a lead/draw etc it something I've heard mention several times about Lambert. This is a complete alien concept with Villa for at least a decade. We score, we defend and hope we win. It'll be strange yet refreshing pushing for another goal, especially vs the big teams.

Big question is if we go 4-4-2 where does that leave Ireland and Makoun you cannot play then as a 2.
Apparently Lambert changes his formation a lot so I don't think we'll have a set formation.

Still in midfield we have

Albrighton

Delph

Makoun

Ireland

N'Zogbia

Gardner

Delph

Herd

Petrov

Curruthers

Holman

Get them into a 4.

Hmm I think I disagree with Ireland. He has bags of ability, he just needs the right manager to get it out of him. If Lambert thinks he can do that then i'd be happy for him to stay, if Lambert feels he can't then... i'll respect his decision. If Lambert does a "MON" and sells Clark (Cahill Mk 2) I would be gutted.

But let's get Lambert here first!!! :D

Still amazed by the negativity of some fans. Its a great day for the club, well it will be if and when they confirm PL as manager but some posters are discussing when he will leave and what a poor appointment he is. Astounding.

There is no wage cap and there will not be a wage cap.

Oh hello, another fledgling ITK is out of the nest

The Rare ITK fledgeling senses the impending danger and flies away, as it knows this is its best chance for survival.

Predictions on how quickly Lambert will be able to surpass McLeish's pathetic home wins tally? October for me.

Could possibly have more wins in total by November/December depending on what the fixtures look like.

There is no wage cap and there will not be a wage cap.

Oh hello, another fledgling ITK is out of the nest

I've been getting snippets for years, true.

But this (no wage cap) is common knowledge and only perpetuated by imbeciles like yourself.

There is no wage cap or any plans for one. The club want value for money and the overall wage situation is something they will be monitoring from now on but there is no wage cap where we will not go above to get certain players. It's a myth

I'll leave it to the manager to decide what we need and I won't moan at every link that isn't in my wishlist. It would be refreshing if others followed that approach at least for a while.

The man they call Brian he talk sense.

The man they call Brian, he dreamer.