Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cully and Karsa's jobs remain EXACTLY THE SAME as they were before Lambert left, no contracts have been changed whatsoever.

Source: David McNally ncfc.

They will remain the same, right up until the point when they change. I wouldn't expect McNally to give us prior warning of that.

i don't know who is the bigger arse at the moment McNally or Whelan!!!

you can slate Faulkner off as much as you like but he stays quite! Keeps out the press and a lot lately GETS THE JOB DONE!

i find that with Norwich (who i do really like) and Wigan (who i don't) that they have small club syndrome! the owners or chairman can keep spouting their mouth of but really they are just a small club in a big pond! a very big pond!

however i do wish Norwich a good season and i'm sure mid table could very well happen for them if they keep hold of their players! just hope 2nd season syndrome does not kick in...

i have no doubts at all that Culverhouse and Karsa will be at villa IF that's IF lAMBERT WANTS THEM!!! He may well think time for a change and that's why he hasn't been intouch however i honestly believe that the wheels are already in motion!! even the Norwich fan James Nursey said it's just a matter of time...

on another note INCOGNITO has shown up again on twitter i see..

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

The new era starts here at AVFC .We have a man who knows what he wants, & has already outlined his intentions and meticulous plans. #avfc

Expand

29m INCOGNITO AVFC INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Plz be patient #AVFC fans. Wheels are already in motion 4 reshaping of the squad. There will be reinforcements 2 fortify a new team direction.

maybe Faulkner bored while on holiday lol???

Cully and Karsa's jobs remain EXACTLY THE SAME as they were before Lambert left, no contracts have been changed whatsoever.

**** me mate you are the definition of naive

Why? did I say they would stay? no, I've said all along they'll go.

I was only givng you Villa fans the facts.

Apologise? no, thought not!

What facts, it's as you were! As for the above Norwich City fan, the only reason its going to Tribunal is because Norwich are disputing it. Our Lawyers would have gone through his contract thoroughly and have found a loophole and fair play to them.

We can get the facts ourselves thanks.

Wiz I don't see the point of posting McNasty saying Karsa and Cully are staying at Naaarich if you know they're leaving? We all know they will be at Villa so there is no point in posting it?

My only alternate idea is that you are trying to wind people up on here and seem to not be doing such a good job of it :P

Forgive me if I am wrong. But by all accounts the pair of them dealt with all the day to day dealings of the team, with Lambert in a sort of overseers role.

So if there jobs are exactly the same what exactly are Houghton and his 3 backroom staff going to do?

Forgive me if I am wrong. But by all accounts the pair of them dealt with all the day to day dealings of the team, with Lambert in a sort of overseers role.

So if there jobs are exactly the same what exactly are Houghton and his 3 backroom staff going to do?

Search me, thats just the statement from us.

Personally, I think our lawers have advised us to sit tight and make sure their jobs remain unchanged until you come calling.....or they resign.

Maybe thats the best legal position for us, but I'm no lawer.

What facts? You've given opinions as far as I can see nothing more.

Out of interest could you provide a link to somewhere with recent quotes from McNally on the future of these two as you seem to be alluding to some but I'm unable to find them. Unless you are in private contact with the man?

*My girlfriend has just left me for a guy from Norfolk. She says he's better at foreplay.

To be fair, I can't compete, he has 8 fingers on each hand.

*findafamilymember.co.uk

Norfolk's number 1 dating website.

*Just watched the new series of my favourite comedy on E4 Norfolk.

The Interbreeders.

*My mate from Norfolk's got ten perfectly formed fingers.

On his left foot.

*A fight breaks out at a wedding. A man pulls out a gun and shoots his Grandad, Brother, and Uncle but there is only one victim. How is this possible?

Answer: The wedding was held in Norfolk

*SKY NEWS- Norwich Man In Court For Triple Stabbing

Apparently he had a knife in each hand.

*The Olympic flame will not pass through Norwich..

They don't want to risk the Torch Bearer being tried for Witchcraft.

Search me, thats just the statement from us.

Personally, I think our lawers have advised us to sit tight and make sure their jobs remain unchanged until you come calling.....or they resign.

Maybe thats the best legal position for us, but I'm no lawer.

This is what we all know about the situation.

• Hughton has brought in his own backroom staff for Norwich.

Culverhouse and Karsa are surplus to requirements at Norwich.

Culverhouse and Karsa are still under contract at Norwich.

Aston Villa manager Lambert would like to employ Culverhouse and Karsa as his backroom staff at Aston Villa.

McNally does not want to let the Culverhouse and Karsa leave as he feels aggrieved by the manner in which Lambert left the club.

McNally must be under the impression he is likely to receive compensation if two of his employees, who are surplus to requirements, resign then take up similar employment at another club - Aston Villa.

If McNally believes it is worthwhile keeping two staff on for the next 12 months for what could only be assumed to be spite, he is going to lose credibility.

Also, with Norwich publicly announcing the appointment of assistant manager Colin Calderwood and first team coach Paul Trollope, I believe McNally would find great difficulty in claiming compensation for the pair. They have no recognisable role at Norwich now,and a tribunal would most likely rule that they could leave as and when they wish.

Simplified version: Buy 2 McDonalds cheeseburgers > eat 1.5 > try to get a refund on the remaining 0.5 cheeseburger. Culverhouse and Karsa are of no value to Norwich.

Also, with Norwich publicly announcing the appointment of assistant manager Colin Calderwood and first team coach Paul Trollope, I believe McNally would find great difficulty in claiming compensation for the pair. They have no recognisable role at Norwich now,and a tribunal would most likely rule that they could leave as and when they wish.

If Norwich have appointed other people to the same or incredibly similar roles, without identifying an additional workload (perhaps they are creating a B team in the Conference? :lol: ), Culverhouse and Karsa will have a very strong case against Norwich for 'constructive dismissal'.

Knowing how most employment tribunals settle in favour of the employee, Norwich may end up paying out compensation to C & K.

From recent experience, I have no confidence in McNully presenting the facts correctly; if C & K do join Villa, I'm sure he will claim a settlement was agreed and then leak a fictional amount to a local journo, knowing the BS will spread far and wide.

By the time the season starts I'm expecting Wiz to be pointing us towards information that we've spent half of our annual income on gaining C & K's services. :winkold: