Champions League Semi Finals

andykeenan

Still holding out hope for an all-Spanish final and to be honest I expect it to happen. Barça showed plenty last night to suggest they'll go through. Chelsea had one chance and scored. Sanchez had 2 or 3 and they hit the post, plus I'm not convinced Messi's groin was 100% after his splits. Chelsea were solid and did very well but it was clear they are the poor relation in this tie.

i dont know about that stevo if chelsea get a goal barce need 3 and chelsea look alot more solid now

They look more solid.

But Barca could still have got 3 or 4 goals last night. Hit the woodwork twice, Fabregas missed from 6 yards. Busquets missed at the end.

And that was at the Bridge.

Whereas Real had very few opportunities against Bayern. They were much more effectively contained.

Not saying Chelsea won't do it, but I'd say it's the more unlikely of the scenarios.

Ash Cole was unreal last night. Hope he keeps it up for the Euros.

Was my MOTM last night. Superb.

It was close between him and Terry for me, Cole maybe just edging it. As i said before, i thought Cahill was very good also.

Cole's still the best left back in the world for me. And as much as i hate to admit it, Terry is still up there with the best centre back's in the world.

Whereas Real had very few opportunities against Bayern. They were much more effectively contained.

To an extent I agree but Benzema had 2/3 easy chances and fluffed them up.. I think at the Bernabeu I can see Higuain and Benzema both starting and finishing chances off.. (Higuain more so)

Nice to see someone out-theatric-ing Barcelona, Ramires did brilliantly for the goal.

Fabregas was shocking, couldn't finish his dinner, let alone the two easy chances he had. Barca opened Chelsea up but couldn't put it in at all.

Would like a Bayern-Chelsea final (Bayern the winners)

Also, you realise Barca's pitch isn't that much bigger than Stamford Bridge? Chelsea get an away goal they've got a great chance of progressing.

Ash Cole was unreal last night. Hope he keeps it up for the Euros.

Was my MOTM last night. Superb.

It was close between him and Terry for me, Cole maybe just edging it. As i said before, i thought Cahill was very good also.

Cole's still the best left back in the world for me. And as much as i hate to admit it, Terry is still up there with the best centre back's in the world.

I think the only people who have ever seriously doubted Terry's ability are the people who let his massive cuntishness cloud their vision of his footballing talent.

He's still an excellent Centre Back and has been for years.

Ia gree he was quality last night, and so was Cahill for what it's worth. But Terry especially.

He was absolutely marvellous in that second leg vs Napoli as well, and I include the time he spent off the pitch in that. Refreshing.

If Madrid had any other coach I would be excited. They can play great stuff, but in a CL final? Balls would he do anything but stifle Barca and both teams would be so desperate to win, it would just be stop-start niggly game. A dramatic game is fine, but you want the drama to be caused by good football and I just don't think it'lll be the case. Much like the WC final, dull as ****.

If it does happen then I'll just hope that both teams just throw caution to the wind, and allow the quality on show to play.

Have to agree an El Clasico final would be terrible and a stain on the game. you will see a preview saturday night will be full of incidents but little good football when the 2 biggest stars are José and the referee.

Chelsea vs Real would be a fascinating final with José vs Roman or Bayern vs barca would also probably be a thriller

If Madrid had any other coach I would be excited. They can play great stuff, but in a CL final? Balls would he do anything but stifle Barca and both teams would be so desperate to win, it would just be stop-start niggly game. A dramatic game is fine, but you want the drama to be caused by good football and I just don't think it'lll be the case. Much like the WC final, dull as ****.

If it does happen then I'll just hope that both teams just throw caution to the wind, and allow the quality on show to play.

Apart from the fact that they played in the Copa del Rey and both games were 10 out of 10? Get your facts straight before you make silly outbursts.

Real were awesome at home but somehow managed to let in too many goals out of nothing. Then they managed to get back at Barca away but lacked that one single goal, both games were absolutely incredible. Lots of goals and tension, between the two best teams in the world. How can one want anything else in a final?

As for last night Chelsea were 100% spot on and felt after antics by Buscuits, Alexis etc in other games that karma is a bit of a bitch :)

be tougher in 2nd leg but as i read last night Fernando Torres has a very good scoring record at Camp Nou so never know

Â