Champions League Semi Finals

andykeenan

There really should be an amnisty for player suspensions when the Champions League reaches the Semi final stage. Suspensions should only become part of the game where they're needed to discourage inappropriate behaviour.

agree should only be banned from final if get a red card in semi final

(I'm aware how the away goals rule works, but I seem to remember some rule whereby if the game was tied at 90 minutes, then extra time was played before the way goals rule came into effect).

that only applied to Carling Cup for some strange reason

Did anyone cringe last night when geoff Shreeves broke the news to Ivanovic that he was missing the final?

He looked absolutely gutted.

I can only assume Shreeves is spending today stealing sweets off children.

Did anyone cringe last night when geoff Shreeves broke the news to Ivanovic that he was missing the final?

I thought that was amazing. Cashley didn't know where to look and Ivanovic looked like he was about to burst into tears.

Top stuff. What. A. Bastard.

:lol:

Except against Arsenal he has struggled against English teams in general

Didnt he score against Manchester United in the champions league final in 2009 and 2011.

Manchester United are an English side arent they? And remember he has only played against Manchester united 3 times. 2 goals in 3 games.

So he does well against Arsenal and Manchester United.

Glenn Hoddle - "Dont get me wrong...Chelsea were brilliant, but Barca really need to find another way of playing!"

Yeah, because you would take them to another level and put Madrid to the sword...you complete tool!!!

It did look like they ran out of ideas though.

The problem is the they are basically a team of nippy skillful midgets and the best way to put a stop to that is bully them. Get everyone behind the ball and then watch them pass it sideways infront of you. The also failed to nick any chances when they were laid out for them on a plate.

agree should only be banned from final if get a red card in semi final

Yeah I agree with that. It's a bit unfair to miss a Final like that. He's missing it for arguing a debatable penalty and Meireles missing it because of a dive.. sickening for them really.

Barca really did seem to lack any good chances after the penalty miss. I remember Cuenca had an effort from inside the box, otherwise it all seemed a bit nothing.

I thought that was amazing. Cashley didn't know where to look and Ivanovic looked like he was about to burst into tears.

It was amazing, proper Alan Partridge stuff. He's been taking quite a pasting on the old twatter as a result.

Shreeves: "We've got Shaun Wright-Phillips here. Shaun, great goal today. What does it feel like to be adopted?"

Lee Westwood ‏ @WestwoodLee Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Geoff Shreeves has just been on the phone telling me I've never won a major!

It was amazing, proper Alan Partridge stuff. He's been taking quite a pasting on the old twatter as a result.

Shreeves: "We've got Shaun Wright-Phillips here. Shaun, great goal today. What does it feel like to be adopted?"

Lee Westwood ‏ @WestwoodLee Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Geoff Shreeves has just been on the phone telling me I've never won a major!

Shreeves: "Congratulations, Ched on being named in the Team of the Year. Now get back to your cell you rapist"

That one caught me off guard. Proper burst out laughing. Office now know I'm not working :D

That one caught me off guard. Proper burst out laughing. Office now know I'm not working :D

That was my favourite :lol:

Though as I said, Ivanovic should know he's on a yellow. Rules are rules. I'd have done what Geoff Shreeves did, it was brilliant.

Thinking of nicking that for Facebook, is that considered offensive and abit sick?

Â