Champions League Semi Finals

andykeenan

Bayern were better in every position possible.. This game always brings some stupid challenges from both ends, Arbeloa and Coentrao just aren't good enough it doesn't help Ronaldo and at the time on the wing Ozil did not track back at all to help them one bit compared to Bayern and their players.

Mourinho... with the players he has, there is no need to be so cynical and negative in these big games.

Still. The Lahminator strikes again.

Have to agree as a neutral watching this Madrid are a very hard team to like. Of all the teams left I find Bayern the least repulsive.

Mario Gomez has the worst technique from a footballer ever but still scores so many goals.

Madrid were poor sat back too much. Di Maria, Ramos, Khedira were all poor while Benzema was absolutely awful

Brilliantly done by Lahm in the build up for the goal. Best fullback in the world.

He was out of position to allow Ronaldo in before the goal. Then despite it being saved, he still didn't get in a good position when the next ball was crossed it.

Lahm is great going forward. Defensively poor.

Have to agree as a neutral watching this Madrid are a very hard team to like. Of all the teams left I find Bayern the least repulsive.

agree 100% though Ribery is a nasty little player. Was doing his tryouts for a transfer to Barcelona :P

Lahm is great going forward. Defensively poor

cant agree there. He plays in a poor defence but he is always nothing less than solid even tonight Ronaldo got no change off him

Can't agree. As I said above, he got a let off when Ronaldo didn't score, but still didn't get into a decent position. You can't get away with such poor marking on Ronaldo twice in 10 seconds and not conceed.

I think his attacking brilliance often puts a shadow over his defensive woes. Euro 2008 was typical of him. In the SF Turkey made a mess of him.. then he goes and scores a winner. Then in the Final, again, he cost Germany a goal.

Pick your poison really barcas play acting or madrids thuggery

marcelo, pepe and ramos all have a red card in them, to be fair to muller he caught him where he had no sock or pad, still wasn't as bad as ramos' that was a shocker, lucky the bayern player rode it

Brilliantly done by Lahm in the build up for the goal. Best fullback in the world.

He was out of position to allow Ronaldo in before the goal. Then despite it being saved, he still didn't get in a good position when the next ball was crossed it.

Lahm is great going forward. Defensively poor.

Didn't see the goal and I assume your right there but I think people tend to do this with fullbacks that are very good at going forward - underestimating their defensive part.

I've found Lahm to be a very good defender although he's clearly better at going forward. He also just doesn't seem to get tired and is constantly running up and down the flank.

On the goal they got caught on the break and all 4 defenders got drawn to the ball and went narrow, it looked like lahm (as well as probably everyone else) expected ronaldo to score and stopped playing completely, if he hadn't he could/should have got back into position and stopped ronaldo cutting it back

El Clasico this weekend a draw, perfect. but if it's a loss? good luck getting the boys pumped up for the Bayern game.

The next two games you can't outscore opponents and that's why the team will get frustrated because simply put they cannot defend like most other teams as they are too attack minded.

Â