Champions League Semi Finals

andykeenan

Drogba has been outstanding these two legs.

Tough week for Barca, going to be a trophyless season for them (Yeah they won the CWC but nobody cares about that)

I know, just interested to see the views of a select few on here who refuse to believe Barca can win without the help of refs.
Didn't see it. But if you're saying they didn't get unfair help I'll take your word for it. They didn't win either!

Chelsea deserved it. Barca really, really struggle against disciplined, physical teams. They just run out of ideas. Still a brilliant team, but they looked shattered.

I suspect Chelsea would struggle against Madrid, because they can mix things up. But it should be interesting regardless of who they play.

No el classico final thank ****.

Chelsea deserved it. Barca really, really struggle against disciplined, physical teams. They just run out of ideas. Still a brilliant team, but they looked shattered.

they looked wrecked and I blame Guardiola and his lack of rotating. Also after the penalty miss they looked out of ideas. Dont know how many times they passed across the pitch and then Alves or Cuenca would try get in a cross and be blocked out of it

Watched the extended highlighs just now. Can't see Chelsea winning it. No Terry, Ivanovic, Meireles or Ramires will make it difficult. Thought the penalty was a dive, but justice was down right away there anyway. After that, as Zamtan said, they didn't have too many great chances. To leave Torres on the half way line on his own at the end was a bit stupid.

I watched that game with my mates who support Chelsea and Barca, what a game so glad i watched it instead of our game. Was a fantastic performance from Chelsea who just wanted it more. Its a massive shame that collected Yellow cards can suspend you for the final because Chelsea are now without some of their best players but it should still be an entertaining final.

Can someone clarify for me, up until the point that Torres scored, was it heading for extra time? or were Chelsea going through on away goals?

(I'm aware how the away goals rule works, but I seem to remember some rule whereby if the game was tied at 90 minutes, then extra time was played before the way goals rule came into effect).

Can someone clarify for me, up until the point that Torres scored, was it heading for extra time? or were Chelsea going through on away goals?

(I'm aware how the away goals rule works, but I seem to remember some rule whereby if the game was tied at 90 minutes, then extra time was played before the way goals rule came into effect).

Chelsea would've gone through at 90 minutes as things were.

Watched the extended highlighs again this morning and feel for Meireles. He made a clumsy tackle, but made no contact until whoever it was did an Ashley Young. Harsh to miss the Final because of crap like that.

There really should be an amnisty for player suspensions when the Champions League reaches the Semi final stage. Suspensions should only become part of the game where they're needed to discourage inappropriate behaviour.

They were going through. I think that 90 minute rule is only used in the Carling Cup over here.

Â