Champions League Semi Finals

andykeenan

"Busquets, the person in the Barca team you would want that chance to fall too" wtf are them commentators on about?

Wasn't just me then. Thought I was hearing things. :lol:

Perhaps they were talking from a Chelsea point of view?

Chelsea were brilliant but Barcelona still opened them up on several occasions and should have scored a couple. A bigger pitch, wider, more one on one battles, more gaps for passes to find it's target, especially those little clever one's to break lines.

It's going to be hard to do a repeat job, they will need plenty of luck and definitely an away goal.

"Busquets, the person in the Barca team you would want that chance to fall too" wtf are them commentators on about?

Wasn't just me then. Thought I was hearing things. :lol:

Perhaps they were talking from a Chelsea point of view?

they were talking from an english point of view because like sky they still believe that everyone watching wants the english team to win

southgate pretty much nailed it, barca didnt more it quick enough to be fully effective, cahill probably had his best game for years, and still barca missed 4 clear cut chances...

i think they'll win the 2nd leg 2-1 and go out

madrid 4-0 tonight? blimey, maybe in the return but i cant see it tonight, i think 2-1 bayern and the madrid 3-1 in the return

i think if drogba turns up tomorrow they can cause an upset, i would absolutely hate it but ive got a bad feeling about chelsea winning

didnt get tonights score but close enough

Cracking game that. Chelsea were utterly brilliant but still could have got raped so they were lucky but fully deserved it. Terry and Cahill were top notch. I think having Iniesta out left was a bit of a waste as he and Xavi together would have increased the tempo at the right times meaning Messi wouldn't have had to spend so much time on the half-way line. Fabregas was a bit shit in truth so didn't really deserve starting in the middle instead of Iniesta anyway. I fancy Chelsea to score at the Nou Camp so would put them slight favourites as I find it hard to see Chelsea shipping 3.

Does thread starter Andy Keenan ever contribute his thoughts on what is going at aston villa and in football in general. I would like to know some of his opinions. It seems all he ever does is start weekend and weekday threads and give the information on them.

Anyway Barcelona should have enough to win the 2nd leg and reach the final. Fabregas needs to be rested though.

To be fair the spirit (hate that word but screw it) between the two sides was great. Drogba was a tit but it had a role in giving Chelsea a breather every now and then, he wasn't trying to get anyone booked. It was also nice that they did it without kicking lumps out of Barca, something hopefully Jose can learn from for Saturday.

Love the results from these semi finals. Probably the best we could have expected.

Both of the "favourites" will HAVE to go out an dattack now in the second legs.

It's set up nicely.

I still think we'll end up seeing an El Classico final. I'd say Bayern are more likely to hold their lead than Chelsea.

Madrid have an away goal advantage.. Barcelona don't.

I can see Chelsea scoring at the Camp Nou which will make things really interesting because I don't see Chelsea letting in 3 goals, 2 at the most.. as above Chelsea are a bit more solid now.

Interesting stat but Barcelona still can't beat Chelsea with 11 men on the pitch.

Â