Champions League Semi Finals

andykeenan

Evry time i have watched Bayern Munich play this season they have impressed me..

Since i saw them play vs man city ive said they will win it all...and tonight aswell..they go 2-0 down early in the game and they just keep playing full of confidence like nothing has happened..so strong mentally

I think they will rape chelsea in the final..4-0.

I haven't really seen Kaka in a game since his first season at Madrid where he looked poor anyway, but he looks like a different player, frail and sluggish. Sort of sad to see.

Bayern have got this, I suppose the only thing Chelsea have is that Terry being missing doesn't really matter, Gomes is the white Heskey against decent opposition.

Im sure in international tournaments after the quarters they don't count yellows to prevent a second booking in the semi final meaning you miss the final. They should do something similar in between the 1st and second legs. No-one wants to watch Bosingwa and Kalou.

Alaba yellow card was actually a disgraceful decision but credit to the guy got on with game and was quite good some people would have sulked like Badstuber did in Extra time.

No sympathy for Badstuber missing final was a bad tackle on Benzema as for Gustavo he made about 10 fouls

Yeah I agree.

As I've said previously, it was different back when you basically had to commit GBH to get booked.

But these days, when you get a yellow card for breathing too heavily on someone, it's incredibly harsh.

Yeah I agree.

As I've said previously, it was different back when you basically had to commit GBH to get booked.

But these days, when you get a yellow card for breathing too heavily on someone, it's incredibly harsh.

I think the rule shall be as it is, as it prevents player from taking a yellow for the team to an extent and do something he shouldn't. BUT, I think they should change the rules so they could remove the yellow cards if they're wrongly given, like when the other player dives to get you one.

I completely disagree regarding a yellow card amnesty. Your squad gets to the final in the state that it gets to the final. What I mean by that is, if that means you had to foul your way there then you lose who you lose along the way. Yellow cards are for incidents that could very well impact on results at the time. Professional fouls can be yellow cards. Where you block a breakaway at midfield. At the time, you deem it a card worth getting, because it protects your team and helps you to maybe win or draw. If your team ends up in the final it is partly, maybe a small part, but it is partly BECAUSE of the yellow cards you accrued along the way in an attempt to safeguard whatever result you had at the time.

So for me it is a horrible idea to then decide all the cheating and fouling you did along the way can be forgotten as if there are no consequences to what you did to get there. It is basically saying that cheaters and dirty players will profit from their actions. And to me that sends out completely the wrong message about football.

I completely disagree regarding a yellow card amnesty. Your squad gets to the final in the state that it gets to the final. What I mean by that is, if that means you had to foul your way there then you lose who you lose along the way. Yellow cards are for incidents that could very well impact on results at the time. Professional fouls can be yellow cards. Where you block a breakaway at midfield. At the time, you deem it a card worth getting, because it protects your team and helps you to maybe win or draw. If your team ends up in the final it is partly, maybe a small part, but it is partly BECAUSE of the yellow cards you accrued along the way in an attempt to safeguard whatever result you had at the time.

So for me it is a horrible idea to then decide all the cheating and fouling you did along the way can be forgotten as if there are no consequences to what you did to get there. It is basically saying that cheaters and dirty players will profit from their actions. And to me that sends out completely the wrong message about football.

^This. Would be a dangerous precedent.

But we know how futile it is to then start sifting through the yellows to assess which is fair/unfair or more deserving etc. You simply can't do that. A yellow is a yellow. As much as we'd like there to be different shades of yellow, there aren't.

Â