Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A University?

Are we taking on 1000 kids or something? We can only play 11 at a time.

Perhaps this University will be run in conjunction with David Beckahams soccer school.

Also, I doubt Beckaham is strong enough to kick a 2 stone football. He would be injured very soon after.

trez would be a good signing though if we were in the CL. id say a striker will be our main focus in jan now

Agreed that a striker is needed but I doubt Trez would come to us at this stage. Imagine how attractive he'll be to teams in the CL having not played in the CL come january. :?

Sort of. I think it's more to do with the team around him - if you're the focal point of an attack supporeted by Nedved, Del Piero, Camoranesi then if you can't score goals you're a bit of tard. He can't get into the French team.

More to the point, whenever I've seen him play he's looked pretty shit. My French mate says exactly the same. But perhaps it's mere coincidence.

Sort of. I think it's more to do with the team around him - if you're the focal point of an attack supporeted by Nedved, Del Piero, Camoranesi then if you can't score goals you're a bit of tard. He can't get into the French team.

More to the point, whenever I've seen him play he's looked pretty shit. My French mate says exactly the same. But perhaps it's mere coincidence.

I actually agree with this - I think trezeguet flatters to deceive. I have rarely been impressed with him in either a Juve or a France shirt - he lacks a bit of aggression for me and seems to drift in and out of games.

Ok, I seem to be pretty alone on thinking he's an excellent striker. I mean, he's the kind of striker that doesn't do much out on the field but in the penalty area he's a lethal striker. That kind of striker that we very much need to reach "the next level". And to say that anyone would score that amount of money with that service is a bit OTT IMO. He was still up against very good defenders and scored a lot of goals. People who says that he scores goal that their grandmothers could score doesn't really know a lot about football. They don't realise what kind of intelligence it takes to be in the right position when the ball comes. To see the open spaces. To see where the defenders have lost their attention. Such people seems to think it's only a fluke that such strikers are there at the right place at the right time. Couldn't be more wrong. They know exactly where to be to put the ball in to the net. Of course the service of Nedved & co has helped him a lot and he wouldn't be much without it but they also need him to put the ball in the goal. And for him not playing in the french national team, well, from what I've heard Domenech is very criticised for that and he's also competing with players like Henry so it isn't the easiest team to get in to. Everyone to their own but to say Trezeguet is overrated after scoring so many goals is as I said way OTT IMO.

I actually agree with this - I think trezeguet flatters to deceive. I have rarely been impressed with him in either a Juve or a France shirt - he lacks a bit of aggression for me and seems to drift in and out of games.

if u have seen a lot of his games then fair enuf thats a valid opinion.but i for one wud not be disapointed to see david trezeguet at villa. his goal record speaks for itself, hes an intelligent player, whos great with his feet and his head. saying that i wudnt want villa to pay more than £8 mill for him.

and lets not forget those players who come with an attitude will not stand a chance in MONs team. if they have one it will soon be wiped out by our manager.

i heard that bloke on SSN mention Lucarelli from Livorno, does anbody know who this is???

He is absolutely superb.

Fairly old (early 30s), but one of the best strikers in Italy. I'd happily have him for 2 or 3 years.

For Trezeguet see Ibrahimovic!

Both incredibly over rated but i cant say id mind either at villa!

im sorry to dissapoint you nigel but one player who will not be coming to villa is Ibrahimovic. MON slagged him off at the world cup on television saying he is so overrated and proceeded in commentating on footage to prove his point.haha! i agreed with him at the time because he is. i believe trezeguet would offer more however

MON was buttering up jose on saturday.. trying to convice him the 30 mil on sheva was a waste of money.. cut his losses and sell him to villa for 10mil ;)

Up the villa!