Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

if we are going to talk about realistic signings then it wouldn't suprise me if MON went for Henri Camara, played under him at celtic, don't know how successful he was, but hes good enough to take us forward, always a goal threat and capable of scoring in a poor team like at wolves.

And if Maloney is anything like mcgeady i would welcome him with open arms

I don't think he would be an improvement on what we have. He is a good player, but I would want to sign players who will improve the starting 11.

I don't think his loan at Celtic worked out either as it was cut short and he went off to Southampton so imagine he didn't quite see eye to eye with MON.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many non Chavs do you know that wear T-Shits, coats etc... emblazened with big D & G logo's?

None. If I did, I'd guess they were fake.

Jeez you should come to London. Every Thursday and Friday night its like migration of Chavs from the East End wearing all sorts of clothes with designer names untastefully on view!

How many non Chavs do you know that wear T-Shits, coats etc... emblazened with big D & G logo's?

None. If I did, I'd guess they were fake.

Jeez you should come to London. Every Thursday and Friday night its like migration of Chavs from the East End wearing all sorts of clothes with designer names untastefully on view!

I think we need to rediscover the fine line between 'Chav' and 'Casual'. Nothing wrong with a bit of designer gear, it's the tracksuit bottoms tucked in socks we need to worry about.

Aaaaaaanyway.........

if we are going to talk about realistic signings then it wouldn't suprise me if MON went for Henri Camara, played under him at celtic, don't know how successful he was, but hes good enough to take us forward, always a goal threat and capable of scoring in a poor team like at wolves.

And if Maloney is anything like mcgeady i would welcome him with open arms

Camara was a huge flop at Celtic. Really dreadful

How good is Lucas Neill as he is a right back that I have heard good things about who will be on the move soon.

Neill plans Blackburn departure

Neill joined Blackburn from Millwall in September 2001

Defender Lucas Neill is adamant that this is his final season at Blackburn.

The 28-year-old Australian, who caught the eye at the World Cup, wants a move to a bigger club in 2007 having missed out on a summer transfer to Liverpool.

Neill said: "That deal was not in Blackburn's best interests, therefore I didn't have a say and didn't move on.

"But now I'm hopefully in just as good a position when opportunities present themselves in January, or if not then, I'll get a free transfer in June."

Right-back Neill was sent off in the opening game of the season at Portsmouth but has been an ever-present since serving his one-match ban in the subsequent game.

And on his return to the team against Chelsea, Blackburn boss Mark Hughes, who is keen to keep Neill at the club, handed him the captain's armband.

If we can hold on to him it would be great for all of us

Brad Friedel on Neill

However, Blackburn's hopes of keeping a player who turned down a new contract offer before the World Cup look to be fading.

Neill moved to Rovers from Millwall in 2001 and has made more than 200 appearances for the club.

Blackburn goalkeeper Brad Friedel hopes Rovers' recent good run could help persuade Neill to stay.

Friedel told the Lancashire Telegraph: "It's extremely important to keep Lucas. If we can hold on to him it would be great for all of us. He would be hard to replace.

"Lucas has to think of himself and his family, but we are hoping a good run in Europe and the Premier League will do something to make him think about his future."

Bluefeet

see my problem with oniell is the fact he things he can ,ove to a bigger team...now thats where he is wrong totally. My thoughts are would he consider villa a bigger club then blackburn since he as this fairy tale in his head he will end up at a super club.

see my problem with oniell is the fact he things he can ,ove to a bigger team...now thats where he is wrong totally. My thoughts are would he consider villa a bigger club then blackburn since he as this fairy tale in his head he will end up at a super club.

I think he would see it as a step up now and assuming he would, how good do you think he would be?

adriano would be a nice signing

i might put that up on football rumours.com given the utter utter gak they put out. this is the pick from today;

Im the nephew of Aston Villa chairman Randolph Lerner. Believe it or not. After a recent family gathering Uncle Randy got onto the topic of of potential buys and found out that. .

Eric Djemba Djemba was enquired by barcelona 2months ago. I don't no why but its stupidly true.

Becks looks like a certainity with his agent even contacting the club. (only on loan)

With Chris Sutton just signing Baros wants out.

Park Ji Sun is also one of Martin O'Neils favourites but due to recent injuries it looks very unlikely.

Hopefully this info will come true very soon

adriano would be a nice signing

i might put that up on football rumours.com given the utter utter gak they put out. this is the pick from today;

Im the nephew of Aston Villa chairman Randolph Lerner. Believe it or not. After a recent family gathering Uncle Randy got onto the topic of of potential buys and found out that. .

Eric Djemba Djemba was enquired by barcelona 2months ago. I don't no why but its stupidly true.

Becks looks like a certainity with his agent even contacting the club. (only on loan)

With Chris Sutton just signing Baros wants out.

Park Ji Sun is also one of Martin O'Neils favourites but due to recent injuries it looks very unlikely.

Hopefully this info will come true very soon

Who ever posted that on football rumours must be having a laugh! Stupid!

I'd like:

RB - Michah Richards

RW - SWP

LW - Shaun Maloney or James Milner

CF - Darren Bent or Dean Ashton

I want to see Bouma in action before bringing in a new LB. Also as has been mentioned i think there would be little chance of us ever getting Richards. I just don't rate Luke Young though so i'm all out of ideas. Also i think a central midfielder could be added. Reo-Coker anyone? Would love to raid the Shammers for him and Ashton

have we ever had a proper out and out winger at VP?

I'm a big fan of wing play - teams who play that system score lots of goals

Morley? Daley?

Willie Anderson, Ray Graydon

Milner!

Alves is a Sevilla player MuleAthon and looks a cracking right back. Almost joined Liverpool in the summer. I'd love to see us go for him too. He'll definitely be snapped up by someone soon. I would love to see Morten Gamst Pedersen in a Villa shirt. He's a quality left winger.