Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

McGrath is known as one hell uf a player amongst Villa-fans, especially on here.

Other than that, I don't think many people in general would even pick McGrath for the top-30 list the last 20 years in the top flight.

Sorry to say it, but winning the Coke-cup twice isn't high regarded.

Manchester United released a book detailing their top 100 ever players. McGrath was in the top 10.

Also if you have never seen the ROI vs Italy match in USA 1994, I suggest you get a copy and watch it. Franco Baresi said it was the greatest defensive performance he had ever witnessed anywhere.

Him and John Terry and the only 2 defenders to have won PFA player of the year for the premiership.

Mc Grath was awesome against Italy that night. Roberto Baggio will never forget it I'm sure!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McGrath is known as one hell uf a player amongst Villa-fans, especially on here.

Other than that, I don't think many people in general would even pick McGrath for the top-30 list the last 20 years in the top flight.

Sorry to say it, but winning the Coke-cup twice isn't high regarded.

Manchester United released a book detailing their top 100 ever players. McGrath was in the top 10.

Also if you have never seen the ROI vs Italy match in USA 1994, I suggest you get a copy and watch it. Franco Baresi said it was the greatest defensive performance he had ever witnessed anywhere.

Him and John Terry and the only 2 defenders to have won PFA player of the year for the premiership.

What he said

times 2.

What he said

times 2.

So what you're saying is "him and John Terry are the only 4 defenders to have won PFA player of the year for the premiership." ? :lol: Don't mind me :)

this is a transfer rumour thread, not about the legend mcgrath!! open another thread to talk about legend.

lets talk about sutton getting linked!! or anyone others players

Alrighty.

We've got a maximum of 17 games (league and cup) between now and January 1st (if my maths is correct).

If Sutton starts half of them and scores 3 or 4 goals, then he'll have been a success. Then he can move on in January.

I'd say that O'Neill has pretty earned our trust of his judgement.

sorry - just logged on. how likely is it sutton will be joining?

we still need pace in the villa team and he aint got any

Hmmmmm, this is easily the quickest Villa team I've seen in some 10 years. Gabby, Moore and Baros are all very quick players, Davis and Petrov aint exactly 'slow' and in Laursen and Mellberg we have one of the quickest center back pairings in the division.

Pace is the least of our worries IMO.

Rocafella in all honesty.

A few of his posts sort of come across as not understanding/realising the history of the club, what we have had who we are today etc etc.

just my opinion

A few of his posts sort of come across as not understanding/realising the history of the club, what we have had who we are today etc etc.

just my opinion

Fair enough.

I am only 21 and didn't see McGrath play that much of course.

So I'm sorry for interfering with your perfect picture of him.

Other that that, anything else you would like to point out?

just my opinion

Fair enough.

I am only 21 and didn't see McGrath play that much of course.

So I'm sorry for interfering with your perfect picture of him.

Other that that, anything else you would like to point out?

Well, I think you're forgiven then for not knowing how good he actually was. But as you don't really know you shouldn't say such things like he wasn't that good outside the "Villa-world". He was. As said, the Baresi-comment, the award in the 92/93-season, etc. Actually, even in a view without Villa-glasses on he was one of the best, no doubt. Had maybe one weakness, maybe a bit too slow, but he read the game so well, one of the best on that that I've ever seen, so you didn't notice. Will never forget how impressed SGE was when he was a pundit for the ROI-Holland-game in the WC of 94.

Back onto rumours and speculation - I always read the football-rumours.com pages (because they're hilarious!) this is todays Villa entry

Well for those silly people that suggest Chris Sutton is going to join Villa are wrong!

As he has past his time and not even O'leary was that dimb!

Shaun Maloney on the other hand shall sign for Villa for £3mill

so will David BECKAHAM on a 6month loan deal from Real as he has no 2st team football and craves it!

With David Trezequet following him to Villa park! for £13mill

as Villa park and its training ground shall go through significan't changes

and planning to build a University for thr Acadamy kids to study after school

All true a Cleveland Brown!

Who is David Beckaham???? :winkold: